Monday 16 August 2021

Eva- 4 Months

Oh hey there little Missy! Gone is my newborn baby! I really enjoyed her as a newborn, but now she's entering the fun, more interactive stage! Not looking forward to starting solids in the next couple months though.


Weight: 13 lb 5 oz (40-45th percentile) - feeling rather discouraged about this
Height: 25.5 inches (85th percentile)
Head Circumference: 69 cm

Dominic at 4 Months

Emilia at 4 Months


Likes:
  • Baths and swimming
  • Her big brother - he gets almost as many smiles as I do!
  • Jumping
Notes:
  • Wears size 3-6 and 6 month clothing primarily. Size 2 diapers. 
  • She's smack in the middle of Leap 4 and boy is it a big one! So many changes are happening! One day she'll sleep super solid naps and sleep right through the night. The next she'll only nap for 30 minutes at a time and be hard to put down at night. 
  • She needs more attention and stimulation during her wake times. She's still relatively easygoing, but definitely different as she's adjusted out of the newborn stage. 
  • She rolls front to back consistently, and has just started rolling back to front more reliably a few days ago. 
  • Sleeping in the bassinet still, but it is probably time to move her to the crib. That just sounds like work! 
  • I breastfeed her after every sleep, and then she gets a 6oz bottle before bed. I pump every night before I go to bed as well and usually get 3-4 oz. After seeing her weight this month I think I'll have to be giving her more bottles and/or trying to majorly boost my supply. Sigh... why is this always such a problem for me?!
  • I cannot figure out her schedule or her wake times. We sleep trained Dom at around 4-5 months, and we never had to with Emilia. I have a feeling this month will be the month to do it with Eva. She's great through the night, but daytimes are a struggle. Just today I decided to start doing crib hour. Which is where if they wake before the 1 hour mark, you leave them in their bed to hopefully go back to sleep. It actually worked for one nap and it went from 30 minutes to an hour and a half. If she's really hysterical I'd get her. 
  • She had her first haircut! I wasn't sure how I felt about doing it, but it was finally decided that her mullet had to go. 
  • She grabs on to toys and turns all over on her play mat
  • She does this weird whisper talking thing and it's adorable
  • She is very drooly. Definitely worse than my other two kids. 
  • Wrinkles her nose when she smiles big. She's a funny little character; a tough nut to crack for sure. I'm curious what she'll be like as she develops more of her personality. No rush though... stay little, Eva!
  • Still a thumb-sucker
  • She's got the jolly jumper figured out. The most we've ever seen her jump was the other day as I was prepping her bedtime bottle. She saw me holding it and starting bouncing like crazy. 
  • Last month she hardly cried when I put her down for bed... She now cries about 50% of the time. Sometime so much that I have to help her to sleep. How is one supposed to get things done and parent other children and take care of the house and themselves when the baby requires so much time!
  • We have her 4 month shots in 2 days so will get an updated weight and height then as well. 
  • Oh man postpartum hair loss has begun! 
  • I've increased my medication, and am seeing a Dr., Counsellor, and am in a support group for moms with postpartum depression/anxiety. Covering all the bases! 
  • She got her shots today and did great! All things considered. 
Typical Day:
I really thought I'd have a good routine down by this time. I can document what my ideal day is. But in all reality, some days are 3 naps. Some days are 4 naps. Some days are 2-hour naps. Some days are 20 minute naps (*cough... today). Some days she is up at 6. Some days she's up at 730. Same goes for bedtime. Anywhere between 6 and 730. It's really hard for me not knowing what to expect. So... here is an "ideal" day. I think it's happened this way maybe once. 

700: Wake & Feed
830-1030: Nap 1
1030: Feed
1215-215: Nap 2
215: Feed
400-500: Nap 3
500: Feed
630: Bottle 
700: Bed








No comments:

Post a Comment