Tuesday 24 August 2021

The Zoo!

On Sunday we spontaneously decided to go to the zoo! We purchased a new family pass, so we're good to go whenever we want again for the next year. The zoo has been doing a lot of upgrades, and moving animals around and getting new animals. The baboon exhibit is empty and supposedly there's something new coming soon. 

Also new... there is a dinosaur exhibit! It's been open for a while, but we haven't had a chance to go. In hindsight, we definitely should have prepped the kids for the dinosaurs before going. In our heads at the time it was going to be an exciting surprise. Dom was NOT a fan. When we got home and Dave showed him a video about how they work he was much more interested and the kids played dinosaurs the rest of the evening.

Emilia did okay with the dinosaurs, proudly stating, "I'm okay. I am brave," until the T-Rex started roaring. Then she said, "I want to go. I am not brave anymore," and pulled me away.

We didn't get to the zoo until just before 3:00, and were back home by 5, so it was just a short trip. I like the zoo pass because we don't have to stress about "getting our money's worth". It pays itself off in just a couple visits and includes free parking (which is $8/day otherwise)! 

I didn't get many great photos as we were sort of hoofing it through there, but it was fun anyway. We don't often do things outside the home. with just the 5 of us. 

Dom didn't want to approach the dino at the entrance. Not because it was a dinosaur, but because one time there was a peacock in that garden that scared the crap out of him haha.

Well... I tried to get a family photo haha




The red fox was out and about as the zookeeper was coming in with some frozen yogurt for it! Skittish, playful little creature.

Accurate representation of their temperaments. Excited, but also don't like the noise.

It felt like Disneyland! With the big, cool exhibit.



Sorry T-Rex, didn't mean to cut you out.


Cowering in the stroller begging to leave. Next time we will prep him ahead of time and I think he'll do much better. How could we forget how much he hates surprises?!

Tried Eva in the Ergo for a while. She didn't love it as much as the Beluga wrap and wouldn't sleep, but she was content, so I'll take it.

I love her confidence. I pray it lasts.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment