Thursday 30 April 2020

Thankful Thursday - 219

This week I am thankful for...

1. Future wedding slideshow ammo. I went to take the dog out to pee in the middle of folding laundry the other day and came up to this. I was feeling a little tense, so this broke that wall down and got me laughing pretty good! Should Dom decide to get married one day, this is 100% coming out at the slideshow (or whatever technology exists at that time).





2. Sushi date. Dave and I had a small dinner one night, and at 8pm we were both feeling really hungry. We never get takeout, but I was feeling some sushi, and could justify it since we never do it! It was so nice to sit with each other and talk over some food, not that the sushi lasted long!


Denji Sushi's "Favorite Roll" combo! California, Dynamite and Yam roll with miso soup. Perfection.

3. Good little moments. Life feels a little upside down and inside out lately. My work suddenly picked up as I'm in charge of prepping our new website to hopefully launch next week, and it's been an adjustment having me be the "working" person in our home, while David's work has slowed to a stop pretty much, so he's been with the kids a bit more. (Honestly, suuuuuch a nice break for me!). So amid all this chaos it's nice to step back and appreciate the nice little things - I guess that's kind of what the Thankful Thursday posts are all about anyway. 

I sat in the sun and Dom got the bucket out, filled it up, and got them each a sponge to wash Daddy's car.

We visited David's parents and met their new addition, Hiker.

Dom slept from 2-4 one day. Normally he doesn't nap at all, and his quiet time is 12-230, so this was strange! He had a tummy ache the next day though, so maybe he was fighting something.


No comments:

Post a Comment