Tuesday 28 April 2020

Quarantine - Lightening Up

Is it weird that when I read the word lightening (in post title) I think about pregnancy? This is a term used for when the baby drops into the pelvis... 

Anyway, that is not at all what this post is about! We've been under quarantine for over 6 weeks now, and have very recently decided we are ready to lighten up and see a few select people again, while keeping our distance. I took the kids to the park across from my parents house and my brothers came to play. We then went to the back yard and sat around the table. 

David's parents got a puppy last weekend, and I really wanted to meet the fluff-ball. We asked if they'd be comfortable with a visit, so yesterday evening we went over after dinner for a couple hours and hung out in the back yard. Dom & Em were too busy with all the toys to even come close to us, and we were able to stay at least 6ft apart. So do-able! It was so nice to see them again, and I hope we can continue to have little visits like this, while still following the guidelines. 

There are some people who have expanded their quarantine circles to include all family, and that is so tempting, but I also want to wait. We're all low risk, but I don't want all of society to think this way and then have us backslide and be in another COVID pickle. I'll wait until the beloved Dr. Henry gives us the go-ahead. 


Speaking of Dr. Henry, we were talking last night about how most every other province has press conferences where their Premier speaks and provides health updates. I love that in BC we have enough faith in our health minister and public health officer (I think that's her title?) that John Horgan can step back and focus on premier things, while they focus on keeping the public safe. I love the amount of trust BC citizens have placed in Dr. Henry and her guidelines/rules; they have kept many more of us safe than if we had not heeded her warnings. 


This is Hiker, 10 week old Sheltie pup <3





He was a little nervous about the kids, since I guess being born during a pandemic doesn't allow a whole lot of socialization at a young age! I guess we'll just have to come around more often :)

She kept holding out her hands and saying, "old it. Enny!" Translation.. "I want to hold Benny". His name is Hiker, but who's going to correct her when that's so cute?!

I bet Hiker and Benny would play so well together. We should plan a play date! (I say, not having any ownership or responsibility for either puppy haha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment