Thursday 23 April 2020

Thankful Thursday - 218

This week I am thankful for...

1. Costco Company. Ashleigh and I went to Costco this week and stood in line for an hour and a half to get in. We expected an hour, but that was a lot! I did a huge shop and ideally won't have to go again for a long time! I also picked up this awesome book that Dom LOVES. It was only $9.49, so it was a no-brainer for me. It's filled with all sorts of questions he asks me every day. Such as... "Where does poop and pee go?" "Why do we poop?" Is he three or what?!


Dom can now tell you about sewers and the sewage plant in case you care to know :)

The foldable wagons were on sale this week. I FINALLY bought one. So good for beach, library, camping, etc. 

Oh gas prices... If only I went places so I would have to re-fill my tank.

2. Relaxing my rules. I'm strict about screen-time, and always have been (for both myself and the littles). I'm starting to relax a bit and allow them some TV time every day because it's good for my mental health. So much easier to cook dinner when they're learning with Mickey Mouse! We also watched Lady & the Tramp while Emilia snuggled her Lady stuffy. That one now has to come to bed every night with her as well as her teddy bear. 



Always asking me to build a "house", which Dom decided to fill with stuffies this time.


3. Online games. As a family we love to play games, but obviously things are a little different now. We did a Zoom call and played some online Codenames the other night and it actually worked out great! I'll do it again for sure. 


4. Good things. There are some good things to come out of this whole crisis so far. First of all, the earth is getting a break; a breath of fresh air. Humanity is returning in many ways and people seem to be going out of their way to be creative in ways to give, or cheer others up. In many neighbourhoods people are painting rocks and placing them around frequently walked areas. I stumbled across this bunch on my walk with Sherlock and the bright colours made me smile. 

If Dom & Em were just a little older I'd love to do this with them. I have fond memories of painting rocks as a kid, especially at the cabin. 

I was cautiously optimistic that we might be able to have a small family gathering for Emilia's birthday on May 9, but I'm starting to wonder if that'll be a thing. Everything is such a rollercoaster. I am looking forward to some sort of routine and normalcy again... eventually. 

We have Sherlock's surgery follow-up appointment this afternoon. Also feeling optimistic about this as he's been seeming really upbeat and healthy this week! Lots of energy and love to go around. 

1 comment: