Monday 5 August 2019

Bachelorette!

No, not the TV show. A real live bachelorette party! 
This past Saturday (one week before wedding day) I went to Ashleigh's stagette, and Scott had his stag. 

The bridal party all got together for pedicures at Haute Nails in South Surrey in the morning. Beautiful place, and we had it pretty much to ourselves!





Next thing on the agenda was some wine tasting. We used my van and one other vehicle to transport people. First stop was Township 7 Winery. We did a quick tasting and then shared a bottle of Rose on the patio before moving on to our next stop.






Next up was Backyard Vineyards. We had a reservation, so there was a table set up in the gazebo outside. We tasted 4 (5?) wines out there and shared a couple charcuterie platters, and then split another two bottles of wine with all of us. 




We had reservations to eat at Cactus Club at 5, but we had enough time to make a quick stop at Krause Berry Farms; mainly for a photo op on the saddle seats. A few did a quick wine tasting there as well, but I opted not to. I was very aware all day that I still had two kids I had to take care of the next day, and still had a long day ahead of me! Ran into Natalia and her family and friends at Krause which was a pleasant surprise too!




The Langley Cactus Club couldn't accomodate us, so we had a reservation in Coquitlam. Made it out there for 5:00, which is happy hour! I love that their happy hour menu includes food! Ashleigh and I shared the quesadilla, guacamole and blackened creole chicken. Of course a few drinks were had here as well.

After dinner we went back to Ashleigh's parents' place to do our hair and makeup, get changed and play some beer pong. A limo picked us up at 9 and we were driven downtown to the Yale Saloon for the dancing part of the party! We were there pretty early, so the bar was pretty empty. Our party of 6 ladies and another stag party were there, so we all chatted and hung out for a while. Most of us took a turn on the mechanical bull (my dress was MUCH too short and tight for this, but thankfully the bar was still quiet at this point)... I don't want to brag (okay, I do), but my first try I made it 29 seconds on the bull! Over the course of the night I only saw a couple people beat my time!





Wes, one of Scott's groomsmen, was our neighbour growing up. This is his little sister Kiersten. It was a surprise to see her, because in my mind she's still 10 years old! Nope. Now she's 20 and buying me drinks haha!


At around 1030 Scott and the stag party joined us at the Yale. What a fun night! I always love partying with my brothers, and it had been many years since we've all been to a bar like that together. Scott was dressed up as a cowboy (cowgirl?) for the stag and they did some beer tasting, biking, indoor golf and had a poker tournament before meeting up with us. I have a  brilliant photo of Scott, however I have not yet obtained permission to post it, so to respect Bachelor party rules I will wait for that! Haha

Our limo picked us up again at 1230 and Dave and Scott hitched a ride with us ladies back to Surrey. By the time we got to Ashleigh's parents' place again Dave was good to drive, so he took us home in our van. On our way home we came across a huge house fire. It was actually just a block or two from Ashleigh's house. It was an under-construction house, which had apparently had a smaller fire a couple weeks ago. We suspect it was an arson insurance scam, but nevertheless it was dramatic! We pulled over to watch the fire fight for about half an hour or so, until my lungs hurt and I just wanted to go home and go to bed haha. 

Really hard to get a picture of the fire that does it justice.

Dave and I brought Scott home, and then were home in bed around 3am. THANK GOODNESS our parents each took one of the kids overnight so we were able to sleep in until 830! This doesn't sound like much, but we're normally up at 5 and 6am, so it was a special treat. Even more special... By some sort of magic I woke up and didn't have a hang over of any kind. I felt completely normal, and even relatively rested!

We had such a fun day, and are excited for the next big party this Saturday!
Some people disagree with the stag and stagette meeting up at the end of the night, but to me it felt like a little wedding celebration with the bride, groom and their best friends. What a good time! 

Now for some photos of the kids on their fun day away!









No comments:

Post a Comment