Tuesday 2 July 2019

Lately - BBQ's, Canada Day, Lettering & Date Night!

A little of what we've been up to lately. 




Thursday evening we went to David's parents' house for Allana's birthday dinner! We had delicious burgers and spent the whole time in the backyard again. What a gift it is to have a yard. 




Friday was pretty quiet I think. We had burgers at our place (day 2), and I discovered a way to letter while being left-handed. I was feeling frustrated at the smudging my work, or my writing not coming out exactly how I wanted. I got cheeky and thought, "hey... I can write like a right handed person! If I write upside down and backwards..." As it turns out, my writing came out nicer upside down and backwards than it does normally. I think my brain works differently than most peoples'. 


#Leftieproblems





If you're interested, my Instagram handle is...
@unorthodox_leftie_lettering

Saturday afternoon we went to Spencer's going-away party as he and his girlfriend move to Montreal for a year for work! We spent 4 hours there and the kids did great once they warmed up, and it was a lovely way to spend a warm afternoon. We had burgers for dinner (Day 3...).


Dom took forever to fall asleep for his nap before the BBQ. Finally he passed out hard and was so hard to wake up to leave.


Playing some soccer with Aunty Kelly. Again with the yard... If we stay in the lower mainland we may never be able to have a yard like this :(




Sunday morning I was playing bass again, but we're down to 1 service so the time commitment is much more manageable! In the evening we went to my parents' place for steak dinner! Soooo delicous! Jeff & Marta returned from their 3 week trip to Europe and the Mediterranean, so it was nice to catch up and hear a little bit about their time! 

Monday was Canada Day! We packed up and went to the Elim Canada Day Parade at 11. This was followed by a lunch (burgers day 4/5). We stuck it out with the kids and got home for a slightly late nap time, but they were both exhausted and slept great! 


Aunty Sonya hit the dollar store on her way to the parade and got some Canadiana gear! I am so glad the kids participated and played along! Well... Emilia mostly.

Dom allowed us to put a sticker on his cheek and eventually wore a hat, but he did carry little balloons and pinwheels!








The paraders couldn't get enough of the kids.






Our crew



Oma all decked out!


I can't get over this headband <3


After nap time my parents came over to watch the kids so Dave and I could go on our first date in 2 and a half months. Boy was it ever needed! We have had a pretty exhausting month with all the illness! David's work has also been slow, so we've been a little stressed. We went to Cactus Club for an early dinner, then to High Knoll for mini-golf and then to Five Roads Brewery for some beer tasting! Almost a year ago we did this same mini-golf as our first date since having Emilia :)


Our whole meal took place during happy hour. That is 100% the way to do it! We got... mini guacamole, flatbread, prawn ravioli duo, truffle fries, 2 beers, a frose and... 15 oz of white wine. FOR $50!!! Plus tax and tip, but still!!! 

My first frose!
We also ran into Brad, Anita and Charley celebrating Anita's birthday! Charley is soo adorable and hilarious. Trying her hardest to get everyone's attention saying hi and waving <3 (She was born on April 1, 2018)

I don't know what David is looking at, but thanks for humoring me with taking a selfie :)



Free freezies after our round! It was not busy at all so we were able to goof around and play holes more than once if we wanted. David beat me, but only by 1 point! Or half a point... I got a hole in one but it bounced out, so we counted that as 1.5 instead of 2 strokes :)

I was worried things would be packed for Canada Day, but everywhere we went was pretty quiet! It was such a lovely way to spend an afternoon together.

We both really liked the Pale Ale. Also, Thursdays is $2 off growler fills! So only $10! Going to have to do that. 

I don't know why we don't do this more often. What a nice, cheap date idea! $8 for a flight, and they have games there! We played some Sleepyhead. They also have a food menu that looked pretty good! Will definitely be going back here this summer. Trading Post is right around the corner, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment