Thursday 18 July 2019

Thankful Thursday - 190

This week I am thankful for...

1. Our grown up living room! I'm so excited about our wall in our living room. We still have a couple things to add (something for the hexagon shelves and our floating bookshelves for our colorful harry potter books), but boy does it look better than it used to! I stained the shelves and stained/painted the "always" sign myself. 


The problem with DIY wall art is that I will "always" see the flaws and it'll "always" drive me crazy haha! Probably things no one else would ever think of or notice, but when you make it, you notice!

2. A visit with Bo Bo Moma. The kids and I went to Bo Bo Moma's for tea today. Dom ate half his weight in cake and cookies, and therefore didn't eat lunch, but hey... that was a battle I was prepared to lose haha! They have a koi pond at Elim and Dom really enjoyed watching the fish from Oma's balcony, so as we were leaving she came down with us to look at the pond. I went to get the van with Emilia, but Dom opted to stay with Oma. I thought that was pretty cute!


3. PIGTAILS! YES! We are at that stage! I definitely have to work on getting them straight. Doesn't help when she doesn't sit still for more than a nanosecond. 


4. Encouragement. After my post earlier this week, I've received a ton of messages of encouragement and I really appreciate it. We're definitely in a difficult season, but it's nice to know we have so many people in our community thinking and praying about us. 




5. Summer days. This summer has so far been perfect, in my opinion. The weather in July has been not too hot, but still sit outside and sun tan or play in the pool weather. It's like 25-26 degrees with a nice breeze. Loving that!

Don't mind the giant Sherlock fuzz in the foreground. This picture is actually a big deal. Dominic, all on his own, decided to PUT HIS FACE IN THE WATER to blow bubbles. One baby step at a time! Haha





Yesterday morning was actually cool, grey and rainy. That didn't stop Emilia. Dom can open our sliding door now, so before I know it Emilia is out there in her tank top onesie, sitting in a puddle playing in the rain. Kept her busy for a good 15-20 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment