Thursday 14 February 2019

Thankful Thursday - 169

Thankful for a roof over our heads this week! Tons of snow, and very cold temperatures. Winter has arrived!

1. Little Friends. Last Thursday was Sam's 2nd birthday, so on Friday Dom and I went out to Katrina's for cupcakes. Dom had lots of fun (despite what he looks like in the photo), he really didn't want to leave :)


Missing Emilia, who was at home sleeping

Last July. Because I never ever pass up an opportunity to share this photo of the Mob Boss (Dom). It's amazing what a difference 7 months makes. Wow.



2. Hand-me-downs! We didn't get much snow last year, so I was reluctant to spend money on a snow suit for Dom. We were handed down some snow pants and boots from my aunt and I am SO happy about that! They fit Dom perfectly, and keep him nice and warm and dry. And they were free... :)


This is the wagon Dom got from Jeff and Marta for Christmas. It came on wheels, but had these sled attachments. We switched it over on Sunday evening, and Dom was SO concerned that the wheels "fell off", that he made us take them with us on our walk.

3. Surprise snow day! I'm grateful that instead of trudging off to work, David and I were able to bring our kids outside and play in the snow. Less grateful that I had to reschedule my dentist appointment. Was supposed to get molds for Invisalign, but I guess it'll have to wait.






4. Toys for independent play. Ashleigh and Scott have a hard time passing by Melissa and Doug toys they know Dom would love. They picked up this food-cutting set, and Dom is having a great old time with it. He feels so important cutting the food like Mom, and I like it because it's quiet, independent play that is good for his development!



5. Dom's beautiful drawings. Dom has just recently started drawing using fine motor skills instead of scribbling. All of a sudden he's drawing little shapes and telling us what animals, cars, letters, or people they are. I got oddly emotional the first time I sat with him and he showed me what he drew. He's growing up!



Hard to see in this photo, and there are so many little drawings that it just looks like scribbling, but maybe you get the idea.

6. My special Valentine. David and I don't do anything for Valentine's day usually. This morning before Storytime, I took Dom on a little date to Tim Horton's. I let him pick whatever donut he wanted, and we sat and ate them together. Hopefully in the future we can do individual dates with our kids every so often. 



7. Emilia is SO tough. I can't understand how this is okay, but the other day Emilia and Dom started rough-housing. I thought I had a long time before this started, but I guess I was wrong! I was terrified for her, and it took all our strength not to intervene, but she was laughing and laughing. I thought as long as they weren't being super dangerous, I'd let her tell Dom when she'd had enough. We finally had to stop them when Dom pulled a wrestling move and wrapped both his legs around her neck. She was still laughing, but Dave and I were uncomfortable. I can't believe she's so tough... The second video is the crazier one.





Close to the end he goes,"1, 2, YAYA!" He thought she was pretending to sleep, so he was trying to wake her up like they do on the Wiggles, "1, 2, 3, Wake up Yaya!" Hahaha

Until next week! Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! Rough and tumble play is very normal and great for healthy development for young children of all ages. Good for you for stepping back and letting it happen!! My son and hubby still rough house although now it's getting to the point of someone losing an eye haha! Plus it stresses our dog out lol

    ReplyDelete