Saturday 9 February 2019

Emilia - 9 Months

In 3 short months Emilia will be turning ONE! She is a seriously determined little girl. I know I shouldn't compare her to Dominic, but it's hard sometimes when she's doing things he didn't do until he was much older than her. She has tons of spunk, confidence and joy.





Gosh, he was so chunky!

Weight: 18.2 lb on our home scale, wearing jammies (50th percentile!!) I'm sure she's actually closer to 17.5 lb, but at least we get the idea... She's growing :)
Height: 26.5 inches (15th percentile)

Likes:
  • Playing peek-a-boo
  • Me, as always. Still her favorite thing in the whole world.

Dislikes:
  • When I try to force more food in her than she wants to eat. She often will only eat a few bites before getting bored. Trying to trust her! Same with bottles.
  • When I walk away. Maybe one day this will change. 

Notes:
  • Wearing size 9 month clothing and size 3 diapers. 
  • She is full on pulling herself up on EVERYTHING. She surfs along walls and pushes toys to walk. 
  • She is crazy motivated to do things. Dom would just sit in one spot happily for an extended period of time, he didn't even start crawling until a little after turning 9 months. She is all over the place. She doesn't sit still at all. 
  • She started sitting up from laying down this month as well, and is very good at that. She also started standing up in her crib just yesterday.  
  • She still sleeps straight through the night. If she woke up in the middle of the night I wouldn't even know what to do to soothe her. Your guess is as good as mine! We are so spoiled in the sleep department, with both kids. Even if/when they're sick and coughing all night, they don't need us. 
  • We started signing a little bit this month. She picked up "more" right away, although doesn't quite have the coordination. I know what she means, and she's very proud of herself. 
  • She randomly started waving one day, and now every time we go up the stairs towards her room she starts waving bye to everyone. Such an adorable little graspy wave with her left hand. 
  • I wonder if she'll be left-handed like me?
  • She will play and initiate peek-a-boo around toys. She'd rather peek around objects than play with a blanket, because then she's on the move instead of sitting still. 
  • Her hair is starting to get thicker, and it's getting longer! She's starting to get little wings over her ears <3. Reminds me of the teenage years being into skater boys with their "wings"
  • She is getting SO much better with other people. She still will whine and reach for me if I make eye contact, but she is much more willing to be held and interact with others now. She's a stubborn one I tell you. 
  • She gives open mouth kisses, and thinks she's hilarious.
  • She has not attached to any object yet. Other than me I suppose. Dom was obsessed with his blankets by now. When she self-soothes, she sucks her two middle fingers on her left hand, and plays with her pinky with her other hand. (Picture of this below)
  • She met 5.5 week old puppies this month, and absolutely loved them, as she should. 
  • She'll just stare at you until you look at her and then start laughing; such a weirdo.
  • When she decides she's done drinking from her bottle she pushes it up to my mouth and I pretend to drink. She also thinks this is hilarious. I also find this charming, but not when she only drinks 2 oz before going to bed for the night and refuses the other 6!
  • She started blowing raspberries this week. Dom thinks Yaya's fart noises are great. 
  • She is a slow eater or something. We've been struggling to get full meals into her. She'll eat Cheerios all day long, but as soon as it's real food in front of her, she'll often just take a couple bites and then push everything away. 10 minutes later she might take another bite. I can't tell if she doesn't need much right now and I should just trust her, or if I should be pushing more food into her. I remind myself that supposedly food before 12 months is more for introduction, not as much for nutrition. 
  • Lots of babbling and grunting and loud smiling. Is that a thing? Not really laughing, but just being generally happy? 
  • She is so. happy. 90% of the time she is all smiles. She looks like a crazy homeless lady when she smiles. Her whole face changes. Her resting face is so sweet and symmetrical and beautiful; her smile is just crazy. I love it so much. 
  • Her second little tooth just poked through yesterday! 
  • I think she may have split her lip tie the other day when she fell. Her mouth was bleeding right there, but I haven't checked since.
  • She has been the most wonderful addition to our family, but I'm in no real rush for another baby haha. We found out we were pregnant with her just a day after Dom turned 9 months. Not this time!!

A Typical Day:
0700: wake up and 8 oz formula
0815: oatmeal and sometimes some fruit if she'll take it
1000-1130: Nap 1
1130: 8 oz formula
1230: lunch
230-400: Nap 2
400: 8 oz formula
500: family dinner
700: 8 oz formula & bed-time!


See how she's playing with her pinky?

So sweet. Her hair is blonde, but not as blonde as Dom's. I'm curious what she'll be like when she's older!

This is honestly her face about 75% of the time if you're looking at her.

You can sort of see her hair going over her ear on one side here haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment