Thursday 7 February 2019

Thankful Thursday - 168

This week has honestly been pretty poopy... pun intended. Dave and I both got some sort of stomach flu, and Dominic is getting yet another cold, which means Emilia and I will probably get it as well. We can't seem to catch a break around here! Since mid-December someone has been sick almost all the time. I am grateful we are only dealing with 24-48 hour stomach flus, colds, coughs and nothing more serious. I am also SOOOOO thankful that the flu or food poisoning or whatever it was didn't spread any farther than David and I. 


Crossing my fingers earlier this week that the kids wouldn't get the flu we had.

Other than that, I'm still grateful this week for...

1. Nedi-pot. Thank you Katrina for strongly suggesting I pick one of these up. I had been dealing with upper molar pain for about a week, but knew it wasn't due to a cavity or anything, and it was most likely due to my sinuses being inflamed. A couple days with the nedi-pot and it really helped! Cleared up just in time for the stomach flu. God really has a sense of humour eh?


Yup, it's a little weird, but hey... it works!

2. Snow day. I like the snow, I think it's pretty! I am glad, though, that it literally only lasted one day this week. It was fun while it lasted, we got some fun pictures and Dom got all decked out in his snow gear which was just too cute!




3. Happy girl. I think I could have a hundred babies like Emilia. She is so happy 90% of the time. She plays nicely, eats well, sleeps like an angel, and smiles and laughs constantly. I think she may be at a good age, but she's just hilarious. So much spunk and personality I'm sure I won't love as much when she's a toddler and teenager. 


Her first taste of lasagna. It made its way all the way up to her hairline!

Who said she was allowed to be so strong?

Sherlock is so great with her. So patient.

4. Confused Flowers. When we moved into our house we got some tulip and daffodil bulbs from Brent & Amy. The first year they all bloombed beautifully. Since then, for some reason I only have the greens come up! No flowers! This year, they're up WAY too early, but I can sees some flowers in there. Hoping this year no rabbits or anything eat my buds, and they don't die because they're up so early. I'm not good with plants, so I have no idea what to expect. 

Come on flowers, it's WINTER!



No comments:

Post a Comment