Tuesday 12 February 2019

SURPRISE! YOU HAVE 12 INCHES OF SNOW!

We did not wake up on Sunday planning for a snow day the next day. I am a little bit weird about checking the weather every morning when I wake up. Something about mentally preparing myself for the day. Will it be a bright, sunny day where I have lots of energy? Will it be a dark, dreary day where I will have to come up with indoor ways to keep us busy? 

Sunday morning it looked like it was going to be a pretty average day. Some sun, cloud, cold temperatures, etc. At 2:30 I checked the weather again, because it had started flurrying. All of a sudden there's this snowfall warning! It keeps coming down into the night and after I go to bed. In the morning on Monday we woke up to about 7 inches of snow. 

Not the wet, Vancouver snow either. The beautiful powdery fluffy snow. Just perfect. 
Now, I don't particularly like the snow. I'm sort of a fair weather person. I would much rather be warm than cold. BUT!!! I refuse to complain about the weather! I live on the West Coast for goodness sake! If I never wanted to see snow I'd move... somewhere else. We have a little of everything here. Snow, heat wave, torrential rain, wind, perfect Spring/Fall days, etc. What is there to complain about? (It secretly drives me nuts when people complain about the weather. So far out of our control). 

Anywho, we bundled up and got out in the snow in the morning while both kids were awake and before Dave had to go to a shoot. We brought out the wagon that Jeff and Marta got Dom for Christmas. It came with sleigh attachments, so Sunday night we made the switch. When Dom saw the wagon, he was very concerned because the, "Wheel Fall!" He refused to move until I put the wheels in the wagon to come on our walk with us. I guess that made him more comfortable. 

We weren't out for long, but we all had some fun! Dom looks so cute in his snow suit. He's cautious as always, and not a huge fan of walking, would rather be carried, but we're trying to encourage him to be adventurous. When Emilia is older she's going to be a daredevil (yes, I know this already), so I bet he'll follow her suit and she'll bring him out of his shell a little. 


Powdery snow, so where the snow was fresh the wagon sort of plowed through. Where it was packed it glided nicely overtop haha!

This was clearly Emilia's favorite mode of transportation for the outing. Notice the wheels in the wagon Haha!

This lasted about 30 seconds, but it was cute anyway

Sherlock was much too excited to be let out. I don't even know what is happening here haha!


So happy


Yaya doesn't get out in the snow much. Let's face it. She hates it, and it's a pain in the butt to bundle her up for 2 minutes haha!

We've gone out a few times since then. Yesterday evening my mom came over to play with Emilia for a bit, and Dave, Dom, Sherlock and I went up to the park. I figured Dom is used to being adventurous (for Dom...) at the park, so he might be a bit more confident. He was! He trudged on through the snow that was up to his knees, and even went down the slide. Big boy!





This morning we got more snow even, and during Emilia's nap we went out for a little bit. So much work getting him decked out! He doesn't like to touch the snow, but he enjoyed playing with Sherlock anyway. 




The complex directly across from us always plows their snow right in front of our gate. We dug ourselves out this year, but the pile of snow is as high as our gate; it's hard to tell in the photo. Looking forward to a few years down the road when our kids go out there and jump in the snow! 

From this morning. There's even more now. Unreal!

Realistically, we're inside about 90% of the day, so this is what our time actually looks like during snow days haha!

I was upstairs changing laundry over and I heard Dom singing, "Yaya, Guuuuga" (Which is his way of getting Emilia's attention and singing Baby Beluga). I came down and he was reading all his books to her. Too much cute. And mess.

Lots of coloring/drawing

And playing

I'm sure the rest of today and the next couple days will bring more of the same, but how many snow pictures can I get, really. They're all starting to look the same :)

No comments:

Post a Comment