Monday 3 December 2018

Oh Christmas Tree

December 1st we went out with my parents (as is tradition), Scott and Ashleigh to pick out and cut down our Christmas tree! We prefer Noble Fir trees because I like the space between the branches and they tend not to drop as many needles. Mom & Dad suggested we go to Giesbrecht Tree Farm in Langley. Sounds good to me!

We pack up the kids and the dog and head over. Halfway there I realize we forgot dog treats, which are helpful for when he's off-leash. THEN I realize I forgot to check if dogs were allowed at this farm. Shoot... Regret. Dogs must stay in vehicles. Sorry Sherlock :(. I want to cry. I feel so bad! 

Nevertheless, Sherlock is fine staying in the car, but we pack out the kidlets and go on the hunt. Dominic is happy to see everyone and has fun running through the fields and looking at the trees. Emilia is happy... with me. She is SUCH a mama's girl. I've never seen anything like it. 

We pick our beautiful tall, skinny tree and chop 'er down! Mom & Dad bring it home on their roof with their tree because that seems more practical at the time. 

Putting the lights on the tree is never as romantic as we think it's going to be. David gets fed up halfway through and we need to walk the dog, so off they go. I'm determined to get this done today, so I put them up. When I'm done with the lights, I'm thinking we could use just one more strand. (It's not until the next day that I discover Dom has tossed TWO strands onto the stairs). I get the decorations up, and Dominic is VERY excited. 

His favorite so far is the guitar, the car, the reindeer (which he thinks is a goat) and the owl. Predictable boy. He's been very gentle with the tree and it has not been a source of stress so far. I am very grateful for that!


Our Noble Fir cost us $65. There was a "bargain bin" for these trees where you could get them for $30-40, but they were just too short. They would have looked silly in our place with the 9 foot ceilings.

Such a beautiful day for a Christmas tree hunt!
*Crosses "Tree Hunt" off the Winter Fun list*


I look forward to our hunt every year! It also seems to get earlier and earlier every year.

So stoked to help Daddy cut the tree

Look familiar? Ashleigh took this, and got a VERY similar one at the Pumpkin Patch.



Nice, Dom. SMILE!

Checking out some shrubbery



Dom indulging in his first candy cane!
*Crosses "Eat Candy Cane" off the Winter Fun List*

Why do I look so awkward? Gripping her like my life depends on it. It looks like she was photo-shopped in!

Dom wore this Santa suit last year when we went on our tree hunt. 

He filled it out a little better, haha!


*Crosses "Decorate Tree" off the Winter Fun list*

The "rawr" (it's actually a snowman) playing the guitar ornament


See his face, how it's kind of wrinkled up and his eyes are squinted? He's passionately playing the guitar ornament. Cracks me up!


No comments:

Post a Comment