Thursday 18 October 2018

Thankful Thursday - 153

How is it mid-October already? This year is zooming by. 

This week I am feeling thankful for...

1. New Parks. Phase 1 of a new park right across the street from my parents' house is done and we went to check it out yesterday! Soooooo fun. They have something for all ages; even I want to try out some of the things. Dominic was over the moon with the drums/xylophone and the Jeep. 

Dom insisted everyone get in the Jeep with him. We had to pry him away when it was time to go back home for dinner. 

Xylophone-ing

This is the coolest park ever. They even have an outdoor pingpong table, and something that looks like a merry-go-round crossed with a space net. Most definitely a death trap.

The highlight of Dom's day





Drumming along with Dad

2. Smelly Candles. I love candles, but especially smelly ones! Gives such a lovely, calming ambiance and makes my house feel less dirty haha!
If you look closely, you can see that it says, "Thankful" on this candle. Fitting.

3. Our faithful Sherlock. He is the perfect fit for our family. I can't believe he's 4 already, but hopefully he will have many many more years with us!

Our annual Fall photo

4. When nap times overlap. I sat outside for a while yesterday and enjoyed a cup of tea while both the kids napped. Breaks are few and far between lately, so I soaked it up! Unfortunately it was lawn day, meaning I did not actually get any peace, just lawn mowers, weed-wackers and leaf-blowers.


5. Daily life. I am so blessed to be able to be home with my kids and have David home in spurts throughout the day. We also have so much family in the area that we can have visitors (or go visit) almost any time we want!

David's cousin, Amanda (or Nanny as Dom called her), was in town for a little while from Winnipeg!

Mom & Dad came for dinner last weekend and we made an evening trip to the park before bedtime. A rare photo of Oma with Emilia. I hope I look as good as her when I'm 51. (Genetics for the win, right?!)

My crazy old lady baby loves chatting up her furry big brother

A trip to Talize the other day where Dom saw this pink guitar and just HAD to jam out.

He has just recently started playing with his train tracks, and can put them together on his own now (although he often asks for help to actually make them connect into a continuous track). They are the first thing he grabs when he wakes up, and the last thing to go away at the end of the day. All day long he rides his trains and cars on the tracks. 

Toes toes toes

2 comments:

  1. Love your new header! Did you buy the guitar?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) And no, we did not buy the guitar. "too pink" and birthday/Christmas coming up!

      Delete