Monday 8 October 2018

Happy Thanksgiving - At Least I Was Fed!

Well I'm not going to lie, this Thanksgiving weekend did not at all go how I was planning/hoping. I was looking forward to a super fun, food-filled weekend spent with our family of 5 (including Sherlock), and some extended family. Instead, David had to go and get a stomach flu of some sort and be out of commission all weekend. I still did some of the things I planned on. We had my family over on Saturday evening, which is when David started feeling sick and missed dinner. And then on Sunday I got out for a little bit, and David slept the whole day. Today I packed up both the kids and went to David's parents' house for their Thanksgiving dinner right after Dom's nap, while David again slept the whole day. 

I wasn't planning on being a single-mom of 4 (Dom, Em, Dave and Sherlock) this weekend. I must say though, I am SO thankful for the family support we have close by. 

At least I had 2 meals (plus leftovers) made for me, and I had somewhere to go tonight when I didn't want to be around David's germs, and my parents helped out today with the dog and a couple chores. 


Hopefully David is better soon. It's been 48 hours of hell so far. Definitely sicker than I recall seeing him ever. Also, I am doing a health-dance so that my babies and I don't get sick. If the kids get this flu it will probably be a hospital trip at some point for the fever and dehydration. I just won't be able to do life as I have been if I get it. SURVIVAL MODE!

One regret from the weekend is that after he got sick I didn't take any pictures of the weekend, family, food, or anything really! Here are some from Saturday though. 

With the men in his village helping raise him, Dom will be a Canucks fan whether he likes it or not!

At least we have nice jerseys

He looks like a natural

Akh. So cute in his little jersey with his collar sticking out, and his blue jeans <3


Happy bo-bappy


Emilia was more interested in the hockey game than taking a picture, but at least she looks cute.

If I had known how sick Dave would be in a few hours I would never have let this snuggle happen. #Quarantinethesickie



We had ham this year instead of turkey. Wow, was it ever delicious! For sides we had potato roses, mashed sweet potatoes with feta, bacon & pecans, brussel sprouts with bacon & shallots, stoofpeertjes, and a pear and brie salad to start. Yum yum!!!


Dom got into our crazy dice action


For dessert we enjoyed the 10 year tawny Taylor Fladgate port and...

Homemade lava cake!!! Cooked to perfection.

Today at David's parents we had a turkey dinner with all the trimmings. It was super delicious. I was a little mentally absent because I was exhausted and had both the kidlets with me, but it was still very enjoyable. Also better than being at the germy house. 

We're supposed to have our small group over for dinner on Wednesday, but unless David is 100% by tomorrow morning, we might have to see if someone else can host. :( I don't want to risk exposing anyone else or their littles to this bug. 

Wish us luck!! Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment