Thursday 11 October 2018

Thankful Thursday - 152

Dom really wanted to be a part of Emilia's 5 month photos this week. 

I have no life. I realize my posts are 99% pictures of my kids. Probably kind of boring and repetitve, but at least I can look back and  reminisce without clogging up my phone storage!

Just kidding. My phone is almost full too...

This week I am thankful for...

1. Helpful Family. David was SO sick over Thanksgiving weekend. Some sort of awful stomach flu that gave him a high fever and caused him to be quarantined on bed rest for almost 4 days. One day my mom came over just so I could bathe Emilia and eat lunch, I then went to Thanksgiving Dinner at David's parents' house. My parents came by to let Sherlock out because Dave couldn't get out of bed. They happened to be driving by our place on their way back from a dinner right when I got home, so they popped in to help me get the kids to bed too. I can't express how grateful I am for all the help and meals I received. 
Also thankful that David is back to normal now!


2. The Toddler Lens. One advantage to David being sick is that I was able to go out whenever I wanted if one or both of the kids were sleeping. Almost every day I took Dom out for a little adventure with just the two of us. I let him lead the way and it often took us over to Fraser Highway to watch the cars. He's taken to carrying a toy car (usually a Jeep) with him everywhere, and it warms my heart holding his hand and having him lead me and point out everything he finds fascinating. 


Watching the cars

Watching the airplane

Very photogenic, Dom.

Pointing out the skulls (which he thought were owls. Hoo hoooo!)

Driving his truck on the bench

3. "Friendsgiving." I don't think I've ever done a Friendsgiving before. All my dinners have been with family. Our Small Group got together yesterday for a potluck dinner and it was great! The food was delicious, and those who could stuck around for games and drinks afterwards. 


Om Nom Nom

What's this?! A picture of people other than my kids?!

Nothing like Codenames to get to know people and learn how they think

No comments:

Post a Comment