Thursday 6 September 2018

Thankful Thursday - 147

I've been a little MIA from the blogging world for a bit because of my laptop situation. We had a laptop that started running really slow, so we spent $500 on a new laptop. That one was not running nearly as quickly as it should have, and wasn't a $500 improvement, so we returned it. We tried to fix the slow one by installing a new hard-drive. It worked... for like two days, and then the whole computer just stopped working about 3 weeks ago. That is where I was left until today, when I realized I really need a computer. It was no longer a want, it was a NEED. Lo and behold, this is being typed up on my new laptop we got at Best Buy Labor Day sales!

So! Aside from another new laptop, this is what I'm thankful for this week!

1. Slower days at home. We've had a very very busy summer, and were out multiple times per week. I'm looking forward to things slowing down just a little bit so that we can focus on our family!


I've gotten out to walk to dog 5 days straight! I've also been making good use of the double stroller. I've done two walks now with just myself, both kids and the dog. Hoofing it up those hills! 

Dom likes to hold Emilia's hand while we're walking. 
{And steal her toy. And steal her blanket. And try to undo her straps. And touch her face.}


David has been busy lately, so we had dinnertime with just the three of us yesterday. Emilia in the Bumbo...

And this. This is what Dom does when we say, "Close your eyes!"

2. Maternity Leave. I don't yet know what will happen come April and I'm due back at work. However, I am SO grateful to live in this country and have the ability to be off work for a year to raise my babies. It's not always fun, and definitely not always glamorous, but I am a much better person for it.

If I wasn't home I'd be missing...


Dom's introduction to "slime", and having a strong dislike at first.


But overcoming his concern and getting messy!


The sweet mid-day moments between brother & sister

Snuggling my baby to sleep on a particularly difficult day.


Anytime play dates


3. Emilia's Sleeping. I'm sorry to those who do not have sleepy babies. I'm not trying to rub it in. Also, I don't want to jinx it for myself, but Emilia is the most amazing sleeper 90% of the time. She has just started flipping to her tummy and took 1 day to adjust to that, but she has been sleeping 12+ hours straight at night, and then taking 3 good (2 hour) naps per day. It's hard for us to go out and do things during the day, but I prioritize my kids' sleep. Having well-rested kids is better for me than skipping a nap to do something and having grumpy kids!

4. Bidding Site Christmas Gifts. Dominic loves cars, trucks, airplanes, and all those "boy" things. I've been watching on the bidding site, and picked him up a truck, a digger, a set of brand new cars, and a new car mat! Total of $20. The plan is to give them to him for Christmas or his birthday in December.


Can't wait to give this to Dom!

5. Small Groups. We're starting up another season of small groups next week. I'm "leading" the group again this year, and have been doing a little reading in my spare time. I read "What Is the Bible" by Rob Bell. I know Rob Bell can be controversial and not everyone likes his work, but I gotta say... It works for me. One day I hope to write a post about my faith journey, struggles and beliefs, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. 



No comments:

Post a Comment