Thursday 20 September 2018

Thankful Thursday - 149

This week I am thankful for...


1. Quiet mornings. David is going to basketball at Frank Hurt again some mornings which means he's up and out of the house before any of us are awake. This morning Em was up early, so I was up with her for an hour before Dom woke up. I was able to eat my breakfast without anyone bothering me. While I was prepping my breakfast, Sherlock jumped up for some baby cuddles too. He really loves babies this stage (not moving).




2. Potty success! I did not expect this at all, and I presume it is just a phase, but Dom has decided to poop on the potty this week; 3 times straight so far! Totally out of the blue. We put him on the potty sometimes before bath-time, but this time he actually asked to go on the potty and pooped! Unbelievable. He did have one half-accident (if you can even call it that) yesterday, but finished up on the toilet.


Kid loves to read on the toilet. Must take after his father.

3. We have a home. We are still in shock that we were able to buy a house, and that we got into the market at the perfect time. We bought 3 years ago for $370,000 and our neighbors have just listed their place for $250,000 MORE... We are so blessed. 
Side note... do you want to be my neighbour?
Link for listing  If you watch the video, at 2:28 Dom makes a mini video-bomb at our fence!




4. Emilia's doctor appointment. We had an appointment today for Emilia's 4 month shots and check up. I've been concerned about her weight, but she's gone up 7oz since last week which is good. 
Weight: 12lb 6.5oz
Length: 64cm
Head Circumference: 41cm

The doctor checked her out, and she's meeting all her milestones and is early with some (rolling over all over the place for example). Everything is on track except for her weight, and the doctor said maybe she's not gaining as much partially because she's so active. That wouldn't surprise me... She recommended trying to give her some oatmeal if she's interested. If not, just keep doing what we're doing; supplementing with formula when needed. We will check in again in a month, but she assured me I'm doing a great job with her. 

5. GIGGLES! Ah... I remember this all too well with Dominic; the first few giggles <3


Emilia enjoying being bounced around :)


Dom laughing at Sherlock's tricks at the same age.




No comments:

Post a Comment