Thursday 5 October 2017

Thankful Thursday - 103

This week I'm thankful for...

1. Family Games Night. It was Scott's birthday this week, so we celebrated last weekend with dinner and a games night at our place. Below we are playing Codenames. I really like this game, although I've only played a few times. 


Dom had long naps this day (for once). I suspect it was just so he could party with the family a little longer. 

2. Dom entertains himself even better now! Having a crawling baby definitely has its challenges, but I love that he can toss a toy and chase it around the house himself. So far he's not overly mischievous, other than constantly tracking down my phone or clicking buttons on the laptop. There's no escaping him now!

And this is why vacuuming has become a twice daily event. 



3. Baby get togethers! Katrina and Brayden stayed in Surrey Sunday night, so we were able to get together again on Monday with the babies like the good ole days before they moved to UBC. 

Sorry Katrina, talking photo ;)



4. Date Night. My Mom came over the other night while Dom slept so Dave and I could use our Keg gift card and go out on a date! It's been months since we went out to eat with just the two of us. Really lovely to have some grown up time not at home!



Prime Rib Sliders... I will never have a slider another way again. This is the way to do it!

5. Impromptu projects. I don't know what got into me, but the other day I walked into our bathroom and said, "We need to paint this bathroom." I promptly cleaned it out, taped it, and we went to Rona to pick out colours. I am done one coat of one of the colours, and the edges of the other colour. It's not a big room at all, so it shouldn't take me long to complete. I will probably be done done by tomorrow afternoon. 

Before Photos: I took these, but looking at them now I think maybe I should have gotten David, bathroom photo expert, to take them. Oh well. He can take the "After" Photos and make the room look 100x better instead of just 10x better. 



 Colours we chose: The Almond (bottom) colour will be on the mirror, shower and door wall. The Baby Linen (top) will be on the toilet and window wall :) Way more funky than I was originally thinking, but David wanted something not boring, so we went NOT boring! Haha. I'm excited to see the end result! So far I really like both colours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment