Sunday 15 October 2017

First Night Away From Dominic!

This Friday, October 13, David's childhood friend got married. 
We were invited to the wedding and asked my parents to watch Dom in the evening so we could go enjoy the festivities. 



I missed the ceremony, but David was able to attend. He picked me up afterwards and we went to the reception. 

The theme was sort of video-gamey/nerdy, which was a lot of fun. Matt & Melissa spent a lot of time on the little details and pulled them off brilliantly! We had a lot of fun at the wedding, but we ducked out a little early because I had something up my sleeve. 





Matt's last name is Belair, so naturally they showed up in this amazing ride!


Apparently these salt & pepper shakers are some family tradition. Fun!





We used the Photobooth a few times. I do love a good photobooth!



Thursday afternoon I talked to my mom to see if her and Dad were comfortable staying overnight, and if I could book a hotel for Dave and I. They were free and willing, so I surprised David and booked us a room at the Holiday Inn Express in Langley to go to after the wedding and... SLEEP IN!!

Recently I've just been feeling "ready" for a night away from Dom. He's at, I think, his easiest age, and in a great routine which makes it easier for me to leave him. He nurses maybe once per day, and is an over all happy child. 

We got to the hotel, went to the hot tub, hung out for a bit, went to bed and slept in until we wanted to get up in the morning. That was 7:45 for me, which is still early, but better than 6! And I didn't get up to go change a diaper, nurse a baby, feed a baby and supervise a baby all morning! We leisurely started our morning, went to the breakfast room for a coffee and a snack and brought it back up to our room. 

We checked out of the hotel and ventured down to Fort Langley to go to breakfast at Wendel's. YUM!! I got the Smoked Bacon Benny with a Vanilla Latte, David got the French Toast with a Hot Chocolate. After breakfast we browsed the book store and finally got in the car to go home.






One night away was incredible, but not enough! We got a small taste of the old life. Oh, how privileged we were! We had so much freedom, so much time... Alas, we are back to reality now!

We are so blessed to have family who are willing and able to provide for us in this way. I am already excited for our next extended date night which hasn't been planned yet. 

As nice as it was to be away, it sure was nice to come home to our little chunk. <3


Pleased his mouth is glued shut from his PB sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment