Tuesday 10 October 2017

Crammed Thanksgiving Weekend

I practice gratitude each week on Thankful Thursday, but we have an endless supply of things to be thankful for. Thanksgiving weekend is a great reminder of that. 

What is more Thanksgiving-y than camping, pumpkin patches and turkey dinners?! It was a perfect, but BUSY weekend!

Saturday morning we headed out to Cultus Lake to meet up with David's parents who were camping, for a Thanksgiving lunch of Turkey burgers! It was cool, but dry while we were there. So nice to be in the outdoors for a few hours! Dom slept on the way there and the way back so his naps weren't TOO messed up! Later in the evening David hosted a poker night at our house. I love his poker nights because I can lay on the couch or go to bed or hang out with the guys or do whatever I want guilt free!





Happy camping boy! Well maybe mostly happy because he was eating Cheerios


Courtney came to make scones for the poker night. Oh my stars. The most delicious apple-cinnamon scones! 

Sunday Dave and I skipped church and went to the Pumpkin Patch at WIllowview Farms with Scott & Courtney. Courtney's roommate Kelsey's family owns the farm. They had so many perfect pumpkins. We couldn't believe it! It was also the most gorgeous Fall day. 









Trying to find the perfect pumpkin for Dom




Knew we brought the stroller for a reason!

Scott was afraid of the vicious spider above him there... that explains the face. Haha!

On Monday was my family's big Thanksgiving dinner. We were hosting, as that's easiest for us with Dom, so people started arriving early in the morning to get cooking (with the exception of Jeff who came Saturday night and stayed over). Our dinner consisted of Turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, maple yams with candied bacon, cranberry sauce, stoofpeertjes, and green beans. Everyone contributed in some way, and the meal came together beautifully. Honestly everything was so amazing. I wished I could have just kept eating and eating!




David hard core "Dad"-ing while I play games. 

Dom loves to look at pictures, so Dave was showing him our Shutterfly book from 2015 




A huge family game of Crazy Dice to finish off the evening! Naturally, Oma won! 

We somehow managed to fit 11 people around our table. I'm so grateful we have the ability to host things like this.

During the day to kill time while the turkey cooked we played lots of games and hung out with Dom. I can't believe we're such a games family! I feel like we weren't like this growing up, but maybe I'm wrong. 

Also, side note! I finished painting our en suite bathroom! Super happy with the results. Now we need to decorate it!




This photo was clearly taken before we cleaned up. It doesn't show the brightness of the colour very well, but it is a great change!

No comments:

Post a Comment