Tuesday 24 October 2017

11 Weeks (POKER CHIP) - 2.0: Oct 17-Oct 23


Pretty sure my "belly" shrunk this week. Likely due to my not being able to eat :(


I am 11 weeks along already. This pregnancy is going MUCH quicker than my first one. Much busier this time around too!


This was what 11 weeks looked like with Dom. Pretty similar... I just look a lot more tired now! Haha
  • I'm feeling a little bit less fatigued, but still feeling really nauseous. Only close calls so far though...
  • I have to say, one major bonus about having your kids super close together is not having to go to work during the first trimester. I mean sure being here with Dom is work too, but at least I get to nap! Twice if I really want to!
  • It is hard for me to eat anything. I have no appetite. It's even harder to feed Dominic. He doesn't eat strictly purees anymore which is a nice change, but the peanut butter sandwiches followed by water equals soggy bread equals Mom who just can't!
  • I know nutrition is really important right now, so I'm trying really hard to have a smoothie every day. I have lots of berries, banana, spinach, flax seed, milk, and orange juice in there. Packed full of good things! (Dom likes it too!)
  • I had my first massage since before Dominic this week. My back is all sorts of messed up! I came out bruising and sore, but it is so worth it! Can't wait for another. 
  • We had a midwife appointment this week to check up on things since the ultrasound last week. David couldn't make it to the appointment, so I filmed the doppler and the heartbeat for him. I'm so glad I did. That sound is so incredible. I told the midwife about my moment of "panic" before our ultrasound thinking I was making everything up. After we listened to the baby she reassured me, "There. Now it's officially official. There is a baby in there!" Indescribable. 
    • My weight: 118lb. This is down a pound and a half from last time. The midwife wasn't concerned. She figures once my appetite comes back I'll start packing them on. I have to agree!
    • My Blood Pressure: 110/60
    • Baby Heart Rate: 160BPM
    • Nargess, the Midwife, said my iron levels are actually okay. I thought they were low and that's why I was so tired. Turns out that's just pregnancy and having a 9 month old. 
  • Baby is about 2 inches long this week and is starting to look more human and less "alien marsupial"... cute.
  • By the end of my 11th week, I'm feeling much better. My energy is is almost back to normal, and I can start helping Dave out around the house more! 
  • 11 Weeks Pregnant with Dominic
  • I like the pictures they post on the "Huggies" website for pregnancy. It's a nice little visual of what a "lime-sized baby" looks like compared to your body. Pregnant lady

No comments:

Post a Comment