Thursday 18 August 2016

Thankful Thursday - 54

So much to be thankful for this week!

1. David felt baby for the first time!! (Spoiler for 20 week post). Baby is strong enough now to be felt (albeit not powerfully) from the outside. It's enough for us to feel if I'm sitting and relaxing, and you get your hand in the right spot! Baby will push the hand away. I feel like it already has a little personality, "Get out of my space! It's cramped enough as it is in here!"


No pictures of that moment, as we were just enjoying it, but here is Aly (Dr. Plecash) checking out my uterus before Theatre Sports! 

2. Starting to accumulate baby things! Nesting period... continues! There is still SO much left to get, but I'm a planner... We're in no rush, but if the opportunity arises we're all over it! (Well... I am... David's just along for the ride!)


Picking up our new IKEA dresser! I am/was so excited!

We have a great system for assembling furniture now... No fights!

Proud of our handiwork

I'd say it's a great fit!

Monica was gracious enough to sell us her (almost brand new, very lightly used) play pen! We picked it up the other day, and set it up in a snap! Many people had told me these were a pain in the butt... Not our experience :) Maybe it's all our skills from assembling IKEA furniture! Haha

3. David is so great. David goes out of his way every day to tell me how beautiful I look, and how he thinks I should always be pregnant. I have read/heard that many men (and women) can be totally turned off and weirded out by pregnancy, and this often causes low self-esteem and can put a rift in a relationship. I'm lucky enough that David thinks I am better than ever. This certainly helps when my body does weird pregnancy things, and looks/feels unfamiliar. There are still 19+ weeks to go, but for now this is awesome! Advice to all men... even if you are weirded out when your significant other is pregnant... suck it up and tell/show them you think they look great. They're going through enough! :)

4. Hot summer days/evenings. While the hot can be a little extra exhausting since we don't have A/C in our house, I love summer and all the fun things you can do!


On August 12 we zipped to Vancouver with Mom to watch Jeff & Adam win the championship in their beer league softball playoffs! Sherlock was just excited that there were balls... Shadow was the bee-hunter. 



The weather has been toasty, and after we walked the dog the other day I found my feet were very hot! (I HATE having hot feet)... So I grabbed a bowl and filled it with ice water. What a great way to cool down!

On Adam's birthday (August 13), the whole family went to Vancouver and enjoyed dinner together at Adam & Aly's. Absolutely delicious fish tacos! This was followed by a hysterical show at Theatre Sports on Granville Island. There was also much beer consumed, which I was unlucky (or maybe lucky) enough not to be able to participate in.



The crew at Theatre Sports! Put the rowdy ones in the back!

Mom invited Scott, Courtney, David and I to Famoso at Morgan Crossing for pizza on Tuesday night! Our food was devoured before I had the chance to take photos, but I can assure you, it all looked and tasted amazing. 

Managed to sneak a shot of our salted caramel & dark chocolate gelato before it was gone. Yum yum!!

I leave you today with a video of what Sherlock looks like when he's enjoying the summer weather. Excuse our dry, desolate yard... That dirt patch will eventually be grass :)

4 comments:

  1. I thought you said they discontinued that dresser?? Glad you got one!! I love ours. Brayd also loves a pregnant wife :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did! But Amy found some they still had in stock at the IKEA in Richmond! :) So excited about that! It's so much bigger than I thought! Going to be great.

      Haha I always read things about guys being freaked out by pregnancy. Glad I'm not in that boat (yet)... we'll see when I'm huge and my belly moves independently! Haha :)

      Delete
  2. I HATE hot feet too. I always sleep with my feet out of the blankets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I bunch them all up at my face, and then have my feet hanging out every single night. Summer or winter.
      David is the opposite. Always sleeps with his top exposed and his feet covered. Makes for lopsided blankets.

      Delete