Tuesday 9 August 2016

Adulting

Sometimes I feel like my life is pretend. I'm just playing house... wandering around through life pretending to be an adult. 



Some days I feel more adult-ish than others. Days where I'm completing tasks like... mortgage paperwork, filing taxes, paying bills, driving home from a big grocery shop, or going to bed every night at 9:30 pm like an old lady. 

This weekend I had a few moments of, so... does this mean I'm an adult now? I may not have felt very grown up, more like I'm still pretending, but I think they were pretty grown-up things!

1. We bought a second-hand baby bath thing (yup... that's the technical term...)
Got this for $10! They're regular $40, and have awesome reviews on Amazon! I know this is the sort of thing I could get at a shower, but... I can't let someone spend $40 on it when I can get it so cheap!

2. I went through flyers to find sales for this week's menu
Monday's Dinner plans! P.S. that's like 50% off! What a deal! Does salmon freeze well? Maybe we will pick up another couple fillets...

3. David and I went shopping for maternity clothes
David enjoyed the "dad section"

I enjoyed trying on the 7-month belly with my outfits. Pretty comical!

4. We went on a date to Moxie's and spent the PERFECT amount for what was left on our gift card. The amount left covered the meal and a generous tip. 
David asked for us to have our iced tea in wine glasses. We got a funny look until I explained that I'm pregnant, and like to drink out of wine glasses to feel special. The waitress loved it and later brought us two fancier iced teas with slush in them!


Yum yum! It's like a virgin long island :)

Rustic Italian Pizza and Lettuce Wraps for eats! 


Couldn't go without indulging in some white chocolate brownie! Delicious!

5. We bought and assembled a REAL LIFE BBQ! By real life I mean not the camp BBQ we've been living with. When we announced to my family that we'd bought and built the BBQ, it ended in a large impromptu dinner at our place! We had steak, chicken, potatoes, corn, Caesar salad, and sorbet for dessert. Everything turned out delicious! 
Getting our bearings opening the boxes and organizing parts

I was in charge of reading the instructions/instructing the boys and keeping all the screws, washers, nuts, etc. organized! That is how David and I build IKEA furniture too. I organize all the parts and instruct him. Otherwise... these two boys just threw the manual across the room right away, so you can just imagine what may have happened to our precious BBQ if I wasn't there to make sure it was done properly *wink*.



All done! Look at that beauty! Master Chef 500 with side burner! We got it on sale from Canadian Tire. Regular $399, on for $299! Of course we also had to buy a cover and propane tank, but... still a good deal... will hopefully last us a while!

Those grill marks though!

A few of the 9 people enjoying our meal :)

Quite the spread! I forgot to mention above that we also had caramelized onions and mushrooms to go with the meat. Can't go wrong with that!

Scott & Courtney brought the Sorbet. What a delicious, pretty, and light dessert!



Here are a few more "Adulting" memes for you to enjoy.

If you didn't sing this, I'm disappointed.




Just imagine how silly I'll feel when I'm taking care of a baby?! One day this aldultishness will sink in...




2 comments:

  1. We all feel that way from time to time! It gets even scarier when your kids become adults!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all feel that way from time to time! It gets even scarier when your kids become adults!

    ReplyDelete