Thursday 24 September 2015

Thankful Thursday - 14

Thankful Thursday is a good exercise to learn how to be grateful for the people and things around me. 

1. Dessert dates with Elissa. Elissa texted me the other night and asked if I wanted to go out on an impromptu dessert date. As I had absolutely nothing planned for the evening, I obliged. Twist my rubber arm! It's always fun to be able to pick back up where we left off. We don't see each other as much as we'd like, but when we do we always have a blast and wonder why we don't do it as often. 

We went to Earls and shared the Peanut Butter Cookie Skillet and the Sticky Toffee Pudding. Can't go wrong with that!

2. Housewarming Party. Many people we invited to our house-warming weren't able to make it, however we still had 40 some-odd people come through on Saturday! I'm so grateful to have so many great people in our lives. 


Panoramas rarely seem to work out nicely. Everyone looks a little warped and/or bored. Hopefully they weren't this bored in real life! Haha

3. Lovely places to walk. I took Sherlock to Tynehead on Tuesday evening. When we lived in Fraser Heights, we came here many times per week. I think I took it for granted after a while. It really is a beautiful park and place to walk. You don't hear the roads or civilization at all when you're in the trails, and Sherlock loves the off-leash portion. 


I'm guessing this tree fell down in that big windstorm on August 29. Although the other trees that fell have been moved and chopped up. Maybe it was a fresh one? 

Bonus Picture!
Sherlock was unimpressed that I wouldn't share my snacks with him. We had a nice time sitting out on our patio (which we still haven't picked out furniture for... do they even sell patio furniture anymore?!)



1 comment:

  1. I'm having a dessert date with a girlfriend this week too!

    ReplyDelete