Tuesday 8 September 2015

Labor Day Weekend

David and I are settling into our new home quite well I'd say!
I don't think we've ever hosted this much before! It's fun, but exhausting.



We started off Friday evening with this gorgeous sunset. This is the view out of our second bedroom. The sunset to the west, and then if we look north we have a view of the mountains. Doesn't get much better than that!

Saturday morning, I started my first DIY project! I've been wanting to re-finish our nightstands for years now, but was waiting until we had a garage so I wouldn't have to worry about the dog or getting paint on our floors. Before and after shots below. I think they look very nice now! David's not so sure about the "girly knobs".




On Saturday we also had our new couch delivered. We got it from Masons in Cloverdale, and it arrived a week earlier than we expected! YAY! We love it. Yes, it was expensive. Yes, it is worth it. We purchased a warrantee and special fabric protection for it as well. That way having a dog, having people over, and drinking wine on the couch is a lot less stressful. The couch fits perfectly. It's like it was meant to be!


Before: Barren Living Room

After: Sherlock breaking in the new furniture. Can't wait to hang some pictures above there!

Saturday afternoon, Mom and Dad picked me up and we went to Costco. My eyes bug out of my head when I see how much I spend at Costco...every time. It's all practical stuff, and it's great value, but I do get a little bit of sticker shock when I get the bill at the end! In the evening, we had my parents and David's parents over for dinner. We had a great visit, but I forgot to take photos of this (oops!).

Sunday was a very busy day for us. I was up early to go play bass in church, and then David and I were also teaching Sunday School. We made a super cool craft (God's Galaxy Globes). Sort of like snow globes with glitter and blue food coloring. Kept the kids occupied and happy!

After church we went to David's parents house for brunch, as we do most weeks! From here, we went home and Adam and Aly dropped by our place on their way home from the Okanagan. They hadn't seen our house yet, so we gave them the tour and caught up. 

After this, we went to the annual Back To School BBQ at Kelly & Al Dinney's house. I spent most of the BBQ chatting with Allana and playing Pickle-Ball. Apparently I forgot to take pictures all day on Sunday! 

Monday was a holiday, and David and I were off to a slow start. David's not feeling well with a head cold, so we lazed around for a bit. 



Oma DJ baked us some Koek, so we enjoyed that with a nice cup of Earl Grey Tea as well!



We then decided to go shopping for some house-hold items! We returned (for store credit) the duvet cover set we'd purchased from Bed Bath and Beyond over two years ago! I found it crazy that they accepted it, but I guess that worked out well for us! We couldn't find one we loved to purchase, so right now we just have an old one on our bed. We want to make sure the new one is perfect. 



Sherlock hanging out on the bed. Those are our old sheets that we returned.

Monday afternoon, after we got back from our unsuccessful shopping trip, we puttered around the house for a bit and I had a mini photo-shoot with Sherlock. Sort of embarrassing, but he's so cute I couldn't help it!


Such a proud Canadian pup!


That night Allana and her boyfriend, Gabriel, came over and we showed them our place and watched a movie with them. A nice low key evening to end the long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment