Monday 14 September 2015

Making the Most of a Short Weekend

This past weekend may have been our last weekend of "summer" weather this year! We decided to do what we could to make the most of it.

Friday night, David and I had a "date night". We went to the Olive Garden for dinner, and enjoyed their Zuppa Toscana soup (so delicious!), Smoked Mozzarella Chicken Penne, and lots of bread-sticks and wine! They also had a deal going where if you order a certain entree, you can take another entree home for the next day at no extra cost! So today I have Fettuccine Alfredo for lunch! 

Waiting for our table at the bar

This soup... Zuppa Toscana. It's a winner!

Afterwards we headed over to Homesense, which is one of David's guilty pleasures, and did some shopping. We're having our housewarming party next weekend, so we're trying to get everything in order before then! All we ended up walking out with was a new duvet cover set, but that's okay. One step at a time!


Sherlock breaking in the new duvet set. 

Saturday morning David had a photo-shoot out in Kitsilano, so I stayed home and puttered around the house and did some crafting in my new craft room! (Loving that!)


Sherlock helping me out in the craft room!

When David got home, we decided to go out to Cultus Lake where David's parents were camping for the weekend. We joined them for some time at the lake, some games, dinner, and a fire. It was nice to be out enjoying nature on such a gorgeous day!


I guess this would be called "glamping"?

Nice little camp-ground right across the street from the beach!

I can't see!

Sherlock and Mattias had a great time chasing the frisbee in the water

Enjoying the sunshine!

The water at Cultus looked so blue!

Enjoying the nature.

Having some Rum & Coke in the most classy way... out of a plastic wine glass!

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Playing some team crib with the in-laws! Larry and I skunked David and Shelley, for the record.

Sherlock's first time at a camp-site!

Na na na na na na na na BAT DOG! Sherlock has always loved hanging upside down in our arms. Since he was 8 weeks old. I'm not sure what it's all about, but I love it.

We also taught the parents Oma's "Crazy Dice Game". I lost :(


On Sunday, David and I were teaching Sunday School in church. The sermon was really short, so we barely got through the game before they started singing again! We rushed into the craft, and most of the kids decided to stay behind so we could talk about the craft and the Creation story. I love this age group (Grades 1-3). So full of creativity and energy. 

I forgot to take photos most of the day on Sunday, but after church there was a BBQ in the parking lot out front. Lots of delicious salads, desserts, burgers, hot dogs, etc. It's a nice way to chat with people and get to know them a little better. 

Sunday afternoon David and I went home and had some down-time, then I took Sherlock for a nice long walk. We then were invited to my parents house for filet mignon... CAN'T SAY NO TO THAT! They cooked the steak perfectly, and something about a tenderloin steak... It melts like butter in your mouth. Delectable. 


This doesn't look half as good as it tasted. I didn't think to take a picture until I was half-done, unfortunately.

After dinner we stuck around for the US Open Tennis finals, where Djokavic beat Federer in 4 sets. It was an exciting finish. From here, we headed home for some R&R and went to bed to rest up for another week of work!


I found this cute mug at work. Fitting, considering it's the title of my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment