Friday 11 September 2015

Dream Team Birthday

Somehow, Janine, Monica, Michelle and myself became known as the "Dream Team". We like to get together when we can, and we have had wine nights, martini nights, dinner outings, etc. We most often used to see each other at work though.

Michelle is a full-time nurse at Creekside. Monica is a Unit Clerk, but she's on maternity leave until January with her baby girl, Ajooni. Janine was the Counsellor at Quibble Creek, but she has since moved away to Fort Wayne, Indiana and is engaged to her boyfriend out there. 

Wednesday was Michelle's birthday, so yesterday Monica and I took her out for sushi. It's always a good time with these friends. I wish we could see each other more!

Monica (Ajooni in carseat) and Michelle

We went to Noma Sushi Restaurant in Langley. Very cute little place, and good sushi too!

I don't even remember what kind of rolls these were. Something off the fancy roll menu!

I was sad that we were missing a member of the Dream Team, so I made a cut-out of Janine's face to put on a Popsicle stick and be in our selfies. Sadly... I forgot her face at home when I ran out to door to go for sushi. 

Missing that face! (Janine and Renee = Janee). It's rough when a cut-out of someones face looks better than you in a picture!

After we finished eating, Monica brought out some cupcakes she got for Michelle (let's be real, we all ate some). Love a good cupcake after some healthy sushi!

Top: Choco-holic, Red Velvet, Oreo
Bottom: Bubblegum, Turtles, Creamsicle

Finally, Monica had to take her baby home, so Michelle and I ran outside to FaceTime the missing member. We got a nice chat in with Janine and then headed our separate ways. 

(J9, I'm sorry about this photo. I took a number of screen shots, but this was the best)

Here is a photo from a Martini night we had in the past. We try to be creative and intentional with our get-togethers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment