Thursday 3 September 2015

Thankful Thursday - 11

There is much to be thankful for this week!

1. Being relatively unscathed by the windstorm and power outage. With the exception of a few perishable/frozen items, nothing was severely damaged during our move. Even so, most of the items we moved with weren't perishable as we emptied our fridge before we left! For us, the storm and outage was more of a nuisance than anything. There are those who suffered a lot of loss due to the fallen debris and the lack of power. 


I didn't take any good photos of the power outage or the storm, so here's one of Sherlock looking off his balcony, surveying the lands/children playing. 

2. Cooking delicious food. I enjoy cooking from time to time, but since moving in I feel like I can do no wrong! I will cook the exact same way as I did in our old place. Nothing is different. Except it will taste SO much better, and be perfectly cooked every time! I can only attribute that to our fancy new oven. It's glass top, with a convection oven. The temperatures are accurate, and it even blows colder air at you when you open it so your mascara doesn't melt! I feel proud to serve the food I've cooked so far. There will definitely be some blunders and burnt dishes at some point, but overall I am realizing that I didn't know how bad I had it with our old stove in the basement!


We had boiled red potatoes with butter, sour cream, bacon bits and green onions; cesar salad; and I took two chicken breasts and seasoned them with chicken & steak spice. I fried them in the pan with oil and butter. Once one side was golden brown, I flipped and put in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees. When it was done, I took it out and covered it with tin foil and I added chicken stock and white wine to the pan and reduced it. Once it was reduced, I added about a TBSP of butter to the sauce and tada! Delicious pan sauce! Yummmmmy!


3. My job. As much as I like to complain about work (as most people do), I am really grateful to have a job at all. As far as work goes, I have it pretty good. I'm in a great building, have good working relationships with my coworkers, no conflicts, my own office, freedom to work at my own pace, etc. 


Yup. That's my name tag. It's official now!

1 comment: