Friday 25 September 2015

Christmas Card Stampin' Up!

I know what you're thinking... Christmas?! ALREADY!? 

I'm not on the same timeline as Costco, don't worry. However, my Aunty Sonya has a TON of Stampin' Up supplies, and hosts Christmas card making evenings every year. She starts early to maximize the number of cards she can make each year, and the number of evenings she can host! Last night I picked up Oma and we drove out to Olympic Village to make some cards!

There were six of us total, and we were able to use the Lounge area in someone's apartment for the evening. Notice how we were looking out at Craft Beer Market through the window there!

Sonya had prepped and set up for us each to make 9 cards. Three different designs, and three of each! She always picks the cutest cards. She puts a lot of work into setting it all up, and prepping everything, so major shout out to her! I get a lot of pride giving them out every year. I may secretly not be able to part with some of them, so sometimes I keep a couple. Guilty... 

Our beautiful set-up for card making! Who wouldn't love to do this?!

Sneak peek at one of the cards we made this evening. Lots of stamping work on these babies! I love the finished product though. So satisfying!

This is what the work station looked like as I was working on the final card. A bit of a disaster, but such fun stuff!

There is something cathartic about the meticulous, tedious work of making cards. When I get into the zone, It feels like everything else in my mind goes away. No stress, no worries, no rush... Very therapeutic. 

1 comment: