Monday 5 April 2021

Easter Weekend

Confession - we did nothing to commemorate Easter this weekend. I think I was sub-consciously hoping I wouldn't be around to (as in having a baby), so I didn't plan anything at all! Luckily we have some wonderful family who think of these things and bail me out! 

Saturday morning the kids asked if we could have pancakes for breakfast. "SURE! Dave, can you make Mickey Mouse pancakes?" Little did everyone know I was going to ruin them by trying to make them look cute. Boy did that backfire haha!!

Haunting. Never let me near the pancakes again haha


Random note... is it just me or did Richard Zussman's kids draw him a picture of a nanaimo bar? If they did, I hope my children understand me this well one day haha. 

During breakfast, Emilia suddenly decided she's ready for a haircut. She's been telling us every few days for months that she's not ready. Not that we've been trying to cut her hair at all, but she just gets in a mood and tells us she's not ready. So finally she is, and I say, "Okay, we'll do that today!" She left the table, got a stool, and set herself up like we do with Dom for haircuts and waited until I was ready. Okay... I guess this is happening now! Normally I would have liked to prepare myself by watching a video about cutting girls hair or something, but looks like we're just winging it! I took about 1-1.5 inches off the back, and did a little bit of layering, but it's pretty subtle. It just looks a bit more even and cute. I didn't do much at the front because I don't know what to do with that crazy cowlick. Anyway, she felt special, but insisted afterwards that she was wanting a haircut like Dom's. Sorry hunny... I'm not cool enough to give you a buzz cut. I just can't!


They are inseparable

Me trying to get a nice shot of her post-haircut... Not having much luck! Haha

Later in the afternoon, Gramma and Grandpa came over, and as per Dom's request, Grandpa brought over his table hockey game. Every so often pictures of that game come up on our TV from Daddy's birthday last year, and Dom was very eager to play again! Gramma also came with an Easter goody bag for the kids! Gramma and Grandpa were both vaccinated just prior to coming over, but we all stayed masked up indoors for now. Worth it to just be in the same room as them! 




I keep trying to order the big bags of mini eggs but they keep being sold out! Luckily all the times I've shared mine with Dom made it easy for him to offer me a couple :)


Sunday morning we again didn't have anything planned, but Mom & Dad invited us over for a pancake lunch followed by an Easter Egg hunt. Bailed out again! I decided I wanted us all to get dressed up since it was Easter, and these two just ended up looking like they're going to prom together <3. I can't get over the cuteness!


Could have been a cuter backdrop than our bed, washer/dryer, and hospital bucket, but I'll take it haha!

Blueberry pancakes, easter egg hunt, and a picture with Opa and Oma and 3/4 (so far) grandchildren! 

Emilia just found her big Kinder Surprise Egg. Pure excitement. This calls for a high five!

Air ball! Haha... she high fives just like her Mommy.



Unorthodox way of eating her Kinder Surprise


Phoebe was a lot less threatening for Emilia in the neutral territory of Opa and Oma's. Look how excited Dom is haha!

After naptime and quiet time, Uncle Jeff came over to play some hockey with Dom outside! I mentioned in my last post that a neighbour let Dom borrow his goalie gear for an hour or so, and Dom absolutely loved it. Well the next day we saw someone in our neighbourhood getting rid of two full sets of youth goalie gear... free! SOLD! We picked it up and Dom got to try it out with Uncle Jeff. I think he was a little intimidated by Uncle Jeff's skills, but I still overheard him say to Jeff, "I'm having fun playing hockey with you Uncle Jeff!" 






I'm sooooo grateful it's Spring again. COVID is much easier in spring time. 

That evening we fed the kids chicken strips, fries and cesar salad, and I ordered Cactus Club takeout for us to eat. It is (hopefully) our last date night before baby, so why not order some favourites! They have a great takeout menu right now - Dinner for Two for $60! And it actually has great choices! We saved $15 before tax, and got an appetizer (Prawn Crunch Roll), two entrees (half-rack ribs & tuna poke bowl), and dessert (white chocolate cheesecake). Sooo delicious!


Today I was up at 6 as per usual, and then went and took a nap from 1015-1145 (thank you David!). This meant I had naptime/quiet time to do something other than sleep! I got David's GST taxes for the quarter done, responded to a couple work emails, got our budgeting for March entered/organized, and then invited Dom to go for a walk with me. I wanted to get out and walk and walk and try to get this baby moving! We walked down to see the horses (who weren't out unfortunately), and took a different route home. He was a great companion, and literally made me stop to smell (and pick) the flowers. 




After naptime, we got Emilia up and went to Scott & Ashleigh's. We met them outside and went for another walk up to the park by their house. It was way too busy for our kids to really play (even I was overwhelmed), but it was great to get out in the sunshine, gave me another opportunity to walk, and let Scott & Ashleigh try out their Beluga Baby wrap with Phoebe! 

Emilia checking out the parkour (definitely had to google spelling on that one) park. Dom enjoyed watching some teens play basketball, and showing off his jumping here as well.

This evening after dinner my body is shot. All that walking... come on! Be worth it! Luckily both the kidlets had some outside time today, a good dinner, and are playing nicely together. Emilia spent some time making Aunty Aly a birthday card as it was her birthday yesterday <3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment