Tuesday 17 November 2020

18 Weeks (DISPOSABLE CAMERA) - 3.0: Nov 10-16

 

  • Look at my hair all nicely curled! These were taken when I turned 18 weeks, on our anniversary (Nov 10). I had dressed up for our dinner out at Cactus Club! Our waiter and the manager couldn't believe I was old enough to be expecting our third child and be married for 8 years. When we mentioned we hadn't been out in a while because, "kids will do that to you," the manager said, "Oh! Do you have a baby?" "Oh, no... we have two kids and one more on the way." He said, "Oh... are they twins?" "Nope... oldest is 4! He was shocked. 
  • After Dave felt the baby at 17 weeks 6 days, I went three days with feeling almost nothing. Or one kick the whole day. I was trying not to be neurotic or anxious, and ALMOST asked to borrow the doppler. I talked myself out of it because what does that solve at this point? I already know baby has a heartbeat. It tells me nothing about the condition of my aby because I'm not a trained professional who can decipher those things. Apparently one of the main dangers of dopplers (later in pregnancy more so) is that people will feel something is off, find a heartbeat, and assume everything is okay, but baby may actually be in distress. Anyway, I didn't assume my baby was in distress, I was just weirded out by the sudden lack of movement. Well after three days, Saturday morning, baby decided it was party time. Must have been having a sleepy growth spurt! Movements went from little judges and kicks to full bumps I'm sure we could see from the outside if I caught it at the right moment. Whew! Keep growing little nugget! 
  • I keep flip flopping on envisioning a boy vs a girl. Super excited to find out later, and feeling pretty confident about not finding out at my 20 week scan in a couple weeks. 
  • My body seems to have adjusted to my new dosage of meds. I feel more normal now, but just with more feelings. The 300mg caused it to be very easy to suppress emotions and I rarely cried. If I knew I was sad about something, I could just talk myself down. Now I have a wider range of emotions, but I am still rational haha. It's a good balance! However, I did sob watching the live action Lion King... right when Scar took Simba to the gorge - definitely some childhood trauma about that part of the movie...
  • I watched a video of Emilia at 6 months, just sitting up smiling and giggling and being the happiest little girl ever this week. It made me feel really excited about having this baby and going through that stage again. I haven't really felt all that excited about the actual baby part in a while haha. More just... get through this part, and then look forward to the kids all getting to know each other and playing together!

No comments:

Post a Comment