Tuesday 3 November 2020

16 Weeks (POLLY POCKET NECKLACE) - 3.0: Oct 27-Nov 2

 

Maybe not a noticeable difference from last week to most people, but to me and those close to me they can tell that I'm getting bigger!

  • Baby is 4-5 inches long now, plus legs! Baby is 3-4 oz. That's almost a quarter pound! Like the burger :)
  • Baby's eyes can perceive light, though his/her eyelids don't open yet. 
  • Baby can hear my voice! Sort of... I'll have to tell the kids and have them talk to baby. That'll be cute for a while :)
  • I miss unwinding with a glass of wine. I haven't had any real cravings/missing of alcohol, but I do miss that routine of relaxation. (It would also help the ever-struggling libido (sorry brothers, just what you feel like reading about) haha!). 
  • My daily routine of pills is rather obnoxious. In the morning I take my Wellbutrin, WHICH, by the way, I am working on tapering down my dose of. I am going from 300mg to 150mg. I'm on week 2 of my taper and so far so good for the most part (had one day that was really awful). By the end of week 16 I think I'll be all the way down to 150mg. No known side-effects of Wellbutrin on babies/pregnancy, but we'll see how it goes! Anyway, there's that in the morning, and then during the day I also have to take my two prenatal pills, an iron pill (every other day), and FOUR Omega fish oil pills. Yeesh! All the vitamin/supplement pills are horse pills, too. Ridiculous! 
  • I am so looking forward to my detailed ultrasound on November 26. I know lots of people who are pregnant right now, and they're all ahead of me I think, so a lot of them have already had them, or have them coming up really soon. 
  • I STUPIDLY cut my fingernails over a week ago with toenail clippers. I hardly ever have had to cut my nails in the past because they always break and stay short... rookie mistake. Since doing that, they're so brittle and peeling and breaking again. Boo! Every time they start getting a little bit long they break again. Gotta get some strengthening polish on there. You'd think with all the supplements I'm taking they'd be invincible by now. 
  • I am officially feeling movement every day now by the end of the week. In fact, the day I turned 16 weeks, I was sitting on the couch with the kids, felt a little bump, and put my hand down there. Then BUMP! Baby nudged my hand! I've only felt it from the outside a couple times, but it's starting! My favorite part. 
  • I had my last shift at the midwives this week - having mixed feelings about being done. Sad because I liked the job and the people, but looking forward to one less major thing to do every week! I feel like I'll be able to focus more on some of the other things that really matter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment