Tuesday 10 November 2020

17 Weeks (POP TART) - 3.0: Nov 3-9

 
  • Lots of fetal movement every day. The last day of week 17, Dave finally got to feel baby kick! We were trying every day, but it's hard to tell unless you can feel it from the inside and outside simultaneously. Then we were watching a movie one night and I asked Dave to try again (because apparently babe was enjoying the Lion King live action), and he felt a bunch of kicks! Or little taps :) Yay!!
  • Midwife appointment on Thursday with Nargess. I had to bring Emilia because Dave was working, and she was just the sweetest little thing. She's always so good when we go out. It was fun for me to show her off to some of my coworkers from the last few months, too! Nargess delivered Emilia two and a half years ago, and was absolutely in LOVE with her. She was so honoured to meet her again, and said it just warmed her heart to see her again all grown up. She engaged with Emilia during the appointment, and said she wished COVID wasn't a thing so she could just squeeze her. I remember when I was pregnant with Emilia she had the same feelings towards Dom, except there was no COVID so she DID squeeze him haha. He used to sit in the room eating a snack every appointment - as he would. Anyway, aside from that, the rest of the appointment went well too!
    • Weight: 122lb (+0 lb from first appointment, but up +3 since the last appointment! I'm sure all the Halloween candy I've been eating has helped tip the scale that direction. Thank goodness I'm not going for gestational diabetes testing anytime soon. Sugar intake +++ more than usual! Haha
    • Blood pressure: 120/70 - high end for me, but I was still panting from carrying Emilia up the stairs. 
    • Baby heart rate: 150 BPM (what does that mean, Dad? Boy or girl?)
    • Nargess reminded me to get my flu shot, and apparently this year they're asking pregnant ladies to get the Whooping Cough vaccine as well after 27 weeks. I guess to keep the hospitals from being filled up with COVID patients and whooping cough patients/babies. 
    • I don't have to start doing kick counts yet, but Nargess said to just make sure that since I'm already feeling baby pretty consistently, that I keep feeling baby every day at some point. 
    • We chatted for 10 minutes after my appointment, too. She said I may be a candidate to apply for the doula lottery, which would mean potential for a free doula! I didn't even know that was a thing! We'll see how I feel in the new year, but I wasn't initially planning on hiring one this time around. We talked about past deliveries, and what factors could play into this delivery (largely just position of the baby). She'll recommend certain exercises for the last 4 weeks of pregnancy to get baby positioned right. Mine tend to sit head down and very low naturally, but whatever they suggested last time with Emilia sure worked. Listen to your practitioners people! They know what they're talking about!
  • I have a wicked sweet tooth with this pregnancy. I will have to go back to previous pregnancy posts around this time and see if I noted this phenomenon. Maybe it will give me a gender clue ;)
    • Just Ctrl+F the word "sweet", and found that at 37 weeks with Emilia I noted a serious sweet-tooth that sounds familiar. Maybe this is means girl? All wives tales point this way haha. I'm kind of excited to not find out the gender this time around. It would have killed me the previous two pregnancies. 
  • Dominic at 17 Weeks
  • Emilia at 17 Weeks
Now just some pics of the kids from our belly photo shoot :)


No comments:

Post a Comment