Thursday 24 September 2020

Thankful Thursday - 233

I am sick with a cold (yes, just a cold), but feeling grateful it is an option for me to work from home and continue to get paid on days like today! We've been so lucky that COVID hasn't really affected our day to day life too much. David's work is still busy, and I still have a job (make that two jobs). We didn't have to worry about home schooling or any of that craziness. The main annoyance now is that I had to shut my life down for a bit for a runny nose... 

Aside from that, this week I am thankful for...

1. Fall weather. I've actually been dreading fall this year, normally I love it. I just don't want the days to get shorter - I strongly dislike winter for that reason. However, the last couple days of pouring rain and strong winds has made it feel so cozy! It helps that the sun peeked out this afternoon and the roads are dry again. I can do fall like this! Bring on the scarves and boots!

Before it got miserable outside we spent an afternoon out there and went for a walk at Tynehead!

2. Generous neighbours. I have lost track of how many cool things we've gotten from our neighbours as hand-me-downs. Some include the firehouse, life jackets, books, play dough, kid lamps, and this lovely tricycle. These are all things I wouldn't have spent money on for them myself (aside from maybe the life jacket eventually), so they're luxuries that we would have otherwise gone without. 



3. Adjusting. I got Emilia a little mask and she's so cute. Now I can take her to Costco with me! (Anyone 2+ apparently has to wear a mask now - or... it's recommended anyway). Dom won't wear a mask yet, so maybe this will motivate him. 

I am so scared of another quarantine being imposed this Fall. I really really dislike not getting to see family (especially for Emilia & Dom's sake)

4. COVID cuts. I'm so glad I bought a hair trimmer back in February (started COVID cuts before it was cool or called COVID cuts). Dom is great about letting me cut his hair now, and I managed this quick cut in less than 15 minutes. 

Before

After

5. Creative outlets. Having this extra time after decreasing my workload has allowed for time and energy to craft and do me things! Haven't picked up the pens yet, but soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment