Tuesday 8 September 2020

Long Weekend

 On Saturday my parents offered to take the kids in the afternoon. Dave and I went to Talize and had a little date afternoon while they all went to the beach! After a less than successful shopping trip for preschool stuff for Dom, we decided to go to Cactus Club! Been a long long time. After our dinner we came home and cleaned the house. Ah dates when you have two little kids and a tight budget, haha!

We ended up ordering two of these prawn crunch rolls. So delicious!

I guess Emilia wasn't into getting her feet dirty. Lucky Oma thought to bring some toys to play with on the blanket!


Nice picnic dinner at the beach. Looked like a lovely afternoon!

Of course some gelato. "Yum!"



On Sunday neither Dave or I were involved in the church service for once, and Scott & Ashleigh invited us to go to the Clayton Farmers Market with them. I don't know why I've never gone. Farmers markets are right up my alley, and they run every summer so close to home. I didn't buy anything at the booths, because I'm more of a window shopper. Oh lies! Dave and Dom both bought a mask. Then we hit up the food truck and got this massive pile of loaded french fries. They were so much more delicious than I expected. 




Back home for naptime, and then off to Gramma and Grandpa's for dinner! We were in charge of bringing corn on the cob. We made THREE stops between our house and their house and nobody had corn (D'OH!). Finally Dave and his dad ran out to get corn from Safeway and dropped us off at their house. Forgot to take lots of pictures here, but everyone was there which was fun and doesn't happen too often!

I did, however, manage to catch Rebecca casually sliding her way onto Dom's lap haha

Yesterday was the holiday Monday and I kept thinking it was Sunday all over again! We laid low for the most part. We were at my parents' place for brunch (crepes of course), and then just hung out with the 4 of us the rest of the afternoon. Sherlock is on the mend, but was still unable to go for long walks, so we went to the park with the kids instead!

Dom was very into the climbing structures yesterday. Conquering this is a big deal for him!





This wild one loved to fly down the slide that is just way too steep for a 2-year old. I had to be there to catch her at the bottom or she would have gone flying. The bottom of the slide was also 2.5 feet off the ground! 



The real reason Dave wanted to come to the park...

I leave you with this... So cute <3! This boy starts preschool next Tuesday! He's ready for it!



No comments:

Post a Comment