Monday 24 February 2020

Lately - Sunshine, Beer Tasting, Sickness & Potty Training

Well life has kind of been put on hold this weekend, but I finally am sitting down to write a blog!

Last week I went to Stephanie's Pampered Chef party. I'm excited to get my order! I got the food chopper and the meat masher, both of which I've heard so many good things about.





Katrina sent out an invite to join them on a walk to Tynehead, so I got the kids up from their naps and zipped over there. Considering I only had the single stroller and we did the 5km loop I'd say it went very well; better than expected anyway!




Thursday the kids and I made an early morning trip to Costco before play date. At play date it was just Katrina, Kerrian and I with our 7 kids. Both Dom AND Emilia went off and played... Emilia, in particular, never leaves my side at play dates, but I hardly saw either of them the whole time. Amazing!!! It was so refreshing. 





That afternoon we hadn't walked the dog yet, and I wanted to get outside again, so I walked with the littles to the park while Dave walked the dog and met us there. They had fun, until Dom wiped out on the slide and knocked his chin and bit his cheek. Oops!



Thursday evening my mom offered to watch the kids so we could go on a date - it's been a while. I have a Trading Post gift card, so that was definitely on the list! We also had a coupon for The Hawthorne in Cloverdale. We went there for dinner and a flight of beer, then to Trading Post Brewery, and decided to make a stop at Camp Beer Co on the way home. It's a super cute new brewery at 197 and 64th. I'll definitely be back! 


We have been on a winning streak since Valentine's Day with the scratch & wins. This day was no exception.


Behind me is a campfire area, which was full, but would be super nice if you could get a spot! The beer man (what is the beer version of sommelier?) said on a nice day they have up to 15 dogs out in the courtyard there! 


They had some games at Camp Beer Co. and we came across this. What even is this?!

So hilarious

Friday was a normal day. Hanging out around home, playing outside, etc. etc. 



He's grown an inch in less than 2 months! Sooo big! This photo reminds me, I also ordered a hair trimmer thing and cut David's hair this weekend! It is halfway to paying itself off already! Worthwhile investment for sure. 

Saturday morning Dave and I decided we should potty train Emilia. I went out before the kids woke up to buy some underwear for her. I got a call from David as I was out asking me to please come home. It turns out Emilia had thrown up overnight and didn't alert us, so it was everywhere. I rushed home and he had bathed her, but I had the privilege of cleaning her bed. I shouldn't complain as this was our first kid-puke experience in our 3+ years of parenting, but yuck! I'm also very grateful that it was over for her by the time we got her up. She had a decent fever the first half of the day, and even fell asleep on the couch while Dom and I were out (this is UNHEARD OF). After nap time she was acting pretty much normal. Phew! 

Dom and I went to my parents for a bit and Dom ventured into the crawlspace with them. How brave :)


If it wasn't $14 I would have been all over this!

Friday or Saturday things were also complicated as our dishwasher died. I can't remember which day anymore... I'm just very grateful it wasn't our washing machine!! We had to get a new dishwasher, which should be installed tomorrow... It was expensive, but we figured it will be a long-time investment, and if you're spending that money, might as well spend an extra $150 to get the perfect dishwasher that is going to last even longer, clean even better and be even quieter. 

Sunday rolled around and she was feeling so much better. We figured we'd try start potty training that day instead. She was enthusiastic, but I think it kind of backfired on us. We gave her tons of fluids, but she only peed once between 7am and 7pm... I am guessing her flu and fever the day before left her horribly dehydrated. So I guess it was successful in the sense we didn't have any accidents, but we also didn't have any success! We're hoping that if/when she gets potty trained Dom will decide to follow suit.

Such a diva!

She loves these adorable baggy Paw Patrol undies <3

Sunday night I woke up in the middle of the night with this stomach bug that is going around. Not fun! I was supposed to be at work on Monday, so Dave was mentally prepared to solo-parent anyway, so it was nice that I could stay in bed most of the morning. After a two hour nap at naptime I felt a bit better, and am finally feeling up to eating something today. Pray that Dave and Dom are spared!!!! 

In the midst of this stomach flu today, we continued our potty training for Emilia. She did great today. We're very proud of her. She had lots of accidents, but by the end of the day she was yelling PEE and running over to the potty, where she almost made it many times. She spent a LOT of time sitting on the potty reading books, chatting, watching potty-training videos on my phone, etc. Sometimes I wonder what we've gotten ourselves into. It sure is a lot more work than just letting her go in her diaper... She's excited though, so we'll keep at it and do our best! We're not in any rush, so there's little pressure. 


Her awesome attempt at a thumbs up!

Prayers are appreciated as I have a couple family members in the hospital today/tonight and there are a lot of unknowns right now. Hopefully we will have more clarity tomorrow, but praying for health/healing and comfort tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment