Monday 10 February 2020

Weekend Happenings

We have actually seen some sunshine after one of the wettest Januaries on record (or so I've heard). Hooray for fresh air, exercise, and Vitamin D!

Last Friday we went to Katrina's for our weekly play date. Dom and Isla started hugging and playing beside me. It was adorable to see their affection for each other. Then thing started getting a little wild and they fell over beside the couch and bonked their heads. I scooped them both up to comfort them as they cried, and then Emilia got jealous and cried and I was surrounded by sad children. At least I got good snuggles?! Haha





The moment before they fell beside the couch haha!

Saturday morning I had band practice, and then we went to the Ready, Set, Learn event to learn some more about Dom's preschool he's starting in September. There was a pancake breakfast, story time, play time and then a little talk. David had to leave shortly after I got there for a video shoot, but the kids were great! 



David was out all afternoon working, and then had a real estate twilight photo-video shoot as well. I took the kids outside to play; which is quickly becoming a sunny day must!


Feeling disheveled, but taking this moment to sit practically in a bush just to get some sunshine!



Neighbour Alex was kind enough to share his light sabers with Dom (David).


By the time he got home, I was ready to get out of there! He put the kids to bed, and I went and met Michael & Matt's beautiful little newborn, Noah. I don't have any pictures (A. I forgot to take some and B. I didn't ask permission), but I can assure you he was the sweetest, and fell asleep in my arms. Loving the baby snuggles!

Sunday morning I was playing bass, so I was at church from 730-1230. It's an exhausting commitment being on the worship team. I think if Dave and/or myself worked a 9-5 job during the week we'd have to quit worship/media team. It takes up 2 hours of your Saturday and 5 hours of your Sunday. David didn't make it to church, which meant I had freedom between services! No Emilia means I can snuggle more babies! I snatched Emmett and carried him for a bit, until he also fell asleep. He's a bit heavier than Noah, and boy was my arm feeling it by the time I had to hand him back!

Sunday afternoon was sunny again, so we played outside some more. Dom wanted to wear his Canucks jersey so he could play hockey with Daddy. Then the neighbour boy came over to play (which made Dom shy), but the kids and I sat in the van and cheered him and Dave on for a bit. Another neighbour ran down to join in on the action for a few minutes too. Love it!


Just prepping him for later in the weekend...

Face off!





That evening we went for dinner at Oma D's with Scott & Ashleigh. She is back at it again, making meatballs, gravy, potatoes... all the delicious comfort food! We played a game of Crazy Dice afterwards, while the kids ran around and around in circles in her apartment. I'm not sure they've ever laughed that hard. It's so fun watching them form memories like this when I can remember being little running around my grandparents' houses like this!






Today I went to work all morning, but David sent me this video. A monumental moment! Dominic has decided he is ready to drive his BMW!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment