Friday 24 January 2020

Thankful Thursday - 210

Yesterday I spent most of the day in bed or laying on the couch. Wednesday night was a 13 hour work day for me, including a social event that went late into the evening. I had a people (and wine) hangover in the morning. Thank goodness the kids were happy to watch the Wiggles for an hour while I rested, and then I slept their whole nap time, and then slept 8 hours last night! Whew! #peopledout

This week I am thankful for...

1. Said work event. I love that I get to go eat food, meet people, drink good wine, etc. and get paid for it! We had our President's Scholarship Dinner at Coast Restaurant in Vancouver Wednesday evening. It was a classy affair where people pay $1,000 for their plate (obviously almost all of this goes towards the Scholarship fund), and everyone networks, mingles, and gets to know each other. 

I designed (with David's guidance) programs/menus for the event, and was put in charge of making name tags for the seating arrangement. I obviously put my hobby to good use here and made these lovely name tags with my lettering. A couple people asked, "where we got these done." Haha just me in my basement!

30 people was the perfect number for the space we'd rented. We also had Blair Dufty from Vanessa Vineyards in the Similkameen Valley come to do a wine presentation for us. Every dish was paired with one of their wines. 


Good thing I had my new phone or these pictures would have been much less pretty! Steve asked me to get some photos of the food to look back on, so I became "that guy". 

Crab cake

Wine table at the welcome reception.

One entree sample - ahi tuna. I got the beef tenderloin which was obviously delicious, but didn't photograph as well as this beautiful dish.

Spencer Gerth, one of the Men's Hockey players at Trinity, and recipients of the President's Scholarship shared a bit of his story.

This dessert. Chocolate Glowbe. Basically a ball of chocolate mousse covered in more chocolate surrounded by strawberry puree. Served with port from Burrowing Owl (which I was presently surprised by). *Drool* Chocolate mousse is my favorite dessert.


2. Networking. At the event I passed David's information along to a new development team (developing townhomes, condos, etc.) in case they need photos/vidoes of their projects. They're very receptive; it's all who you know! Speaking of which, I was hanging out with this lovely woman, Esther, and I was talking about how Dave and I try to get away for a marriage maintenance trip once a year, but I wasn't sure if/when it would happen this year. Out of nowhere she offered us her place at Walnut Beach Resort in Osoyoos. She said to just let her know the dates (not July/August), and she'll arrange it for us... Wow what a blessing. I am 100% taking her up on this! We haven't discussed dates or childcare yet, but I'm super excited already! Last year's trip to Cove Lakeside Resort in Kelowna was absolutely needed for us. 


3. MY NEW PHONE! Finally I have upgraded my phone! I went from a Samsung S6 to a Google Pixel 3aXL. It's large, but/and it also has one of the best cameras and photo processors on the market in this price range. We have ordered a Renee-proof Otter box case, but for now it's just in a case off Amazon. Don't drop the phone, Renee... (I'm notoriously clumsy with my phone). Anyway, I'm really enjoying the camera, since that's primarily what I used my old phone for. Get ready for some improved quality photos!

4. A mini-date. My mom came and watched the kids for an hour and a half yesterday evening. Dave and I walked the dog and then dropped him off and then went to Starbucks for a quick date (where he helped me with my phone settings since I hadn't had time to properly set it up)!

Testing out night-mode. Wow!

Testing out selfie-mode. Twice the phone came back with a bubble that said, "raise phone for a better angle". Apparently our selfie game is weak! Haha

Check out that bokeh! (when the lights in the background get all fuzzy and circular haha)
*Photographer's wife*

No comments:

Post a Comment