Thursday 16 January 2020

Thankful Thursday - 209

This week I am thankful for...

1. Another snow day! All of a sudden Dom has totally embraced the snow. Lying down in it, rolling around, digging, jumping, wanting to play. He takes time to process things, so it's nice that we've had two great snow days in a row. Now I want the snow to go away and have it just be ugly and gross outside because we're trapped in here for the next 3 days because...





2. Potty Training. Not really thankful for this yet, but it's happening! Friday, Saturday, Sunday... Cold turkey... I may have changed Dom's last diaper ever today. Wish us luck!! Got the carpet cleaner, lots of underwear, lots of sheets, and hopefully lots of patience ready to go! (I'm most nervous about the night. I'm supposed to sleep on his floor to remind him to get up to pee if I notice him stirring #nosleep).

3. Creative solutions. I love our living room balcony. Every day in the spring/summer the kids play out there, and Dave had the genius idea of sending them out there this evening when Dom wanted to play in the snow again, but we didn't. Dom was all over the place digging with his bulldozer and dust pan that we called a shovel, and playing with his dump truck. Emilia sort of stood there and watched him play most of the time.

Emilia in her little snow suit is just too much for me. It's Dom's old snowsuit from his first winter (other than being a newborn), and he never got to wear it. Or maybe once. She just looks like such a little person with her navy overall snowpants, navy and orange jacket, blue and orange dinosaur snow boots, and then pink scarf, sweater and hat. She's still Emilia under all that <3.

Dom and his owl hat... He has other hats that are maybe a little cuter and cleaner, but this is always his pick. This is from his halloween costume in 2018. I got a girly toque from Talize, untied the top bow which left those two horns, and clipped off all the flowers. Hot glued on some felt pieces and voila. An owl! 

Said 2018 owl costume. I may never top this DIY costume. I hope that Emilia can wear it... maybe next year or 2021.

Such an accessorizer. She even likes the mittens. What kid LIKES having no use of their hands? Also this toque... I made it way back when Dom was one and I took up knitting. I think I intended it for Emilia, but then it came out too big so I just put it in the drawer. Hard to believe the toque that was way too big in my mind now fits her. Growing up too fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment