Wednesday 1 January 2020

2019 - A Year in Review

2019 sort of became the "year of me". It is the first year in a long time that I wasn't pregnant or nursing a baby; I quit my job that drained me, and then started a new job that feeds my soul. 

Instead of listing things in a paragraph, let's look back and see what 2019 held! It's funny looking back through all my old blog posts this year. Most of the pictures are the kids playing, or me sitting on the couch being covered in these children.

January

Not really something we did, but check out how cute these littles were a year ago! <3


Emilia has her heart checked out for a heart murmur. Everything came back clear.


Dominic gets really sick and I have to take him for a chest x-ray, something I'd be okay with never repeating! 


We make our first visit to Oceantide Tollers' fourth litter of puppies! We're so lucky to be able to do this.


February

We have our first snowfall of the year!


The happiest baby ever turns 9 months old.


We have a second SURPRISE snowfall! We wake up to a foot of snow.



We continue to attempt to take pictures of the growing Chickaletta baby clan.


Dominic is my best little Valentine date <3


Another visit to the fluffballs!


We head to Theatre Sports with David's siblings, cashing in our Christmas gift from their parents.


Our first time to the Honeybee Centre. Some shopping, honey sampling, and brunch at the Beestro with Aunty Sonya!


March

We are feeling the pressure with my maternity leave being almost over, and David's work being slower than usual. I start making cold calls as we try to plan for our future. 


David turns 28!


Dominic's trip to the car dealership.


Oh my heart I want to do this again! We escape reality for a weekend and go to Cove Lakeside Resort in Kelowna. What an incredible way to maintain our marriage. We look back on this weekend fondly often.



Emilia starts walking <3


April

We go out almost every day during Emilia's afternoon nap and hang out at the "yellow wall" to watch and name cars. (I miss this)


We go for a swim at Jeff & Marta's!


Every Monday we go to Tot Romp at church and it's a highlight of my week.


Chickaletta baby group shot! (This group has grown by 4 newborns already since this picture was taken)


I completed Lent, where I gave up alcohol. It was a really great time of reflection for me, and I plan to do it again this year. 


We discover Emilia is David's identical twin at 10 months.



I host my first Norwex party and am now set up for the next 10 years with safe cleaning supplies! (So. Much. Free. Stuff)


We have the most beautiful sunsets, and appreciate how handy it is to have a photographer in the family :)


Dom creates his "Masterpiece"


Easter Sunday means pretty dresses!


May

Emilia turns 1! We celebrate with an indoor/outdoor party at my parents' place, utilizing their common room. The weather is perfection, and everything goes smoothly.



I get my hair did! In preparation for our upcoming family photos (which got postponed...) and for the wedding in August!


We have just the most beautiful spring days. 


Our first trip to the zoo for the year. Janine, Jaia and Jag are in town, so we put our zoo pass to use and meet them there!


We make good use of the Surrey Museum and their free play area.


The matching Hawaiian shirts make another appearance.


A robin makes our back patio a perfect nesting spot. Creepy picture of the newborn birdies, but there were two batches (?) of eggs this year, and I definitely anticipate more next year!


I get a random burst of energy and paint the entire interior of our house cloud white. Huge job, but so worth it, and grateful I had some help!


Dave gets a new lens for his camera, and Dom discovers his love for sports.



June

Emilia is 13 months, and is becoming a more and more challenging (spirited) toddler.


We visit the dog agility regionals to watch Aunty Allana run with Fynn!


Family Photos! Our Christmas gift from 2018 to my parents is (finally) redeemed!


We go to my 10 year high-school reunion.


We make our annual trip to the Food Truck Festival in Langley.


Father's Day celebrations!


Our second trip to the zoo and Dom's first time on the train!



I start my Lettering journey!


Dom is two and a half!!


July

Happy Canada Day! We march with Oma in the Elim Canada Day parade!


I discover my "Unorthodox Lefty Lettering" where I write upside down to avoid smudging. It's a hit!


Our annual mini-golf, Cactus Club and beer date!



Dom successfully transfers to his big boy bed. There are some days we have to turn it around into a crib, and quite a few nights at first that he crawls out and sleeps on the floor. Not sure what that's about!


Third time to the zoo this year! This time with Aunty Rachel & Rebecca


A trip to the Janzen farm and a ride on the tractor!


Check out these hot wheels tracks from Aunty Sonya!


We go to a restaurant with just the 4 of us for the first time ever. 


Our house is starting to come together since my painting escapade in May.


Trip to the waterpark for Brielle's first birthday


House-sitting vacation at Karen & Darcy's!





We host a Pinot Noir wine tasting evening for the family.


August

I take the kids to Cultus lake to meet up with Gramma, Aunty Rachel and Rebecca for a day-camping trip.



We attend the Stag/Stagette for Scott & Ashleigh





Dom turns forward-facing in the car


Scott'n'Ash Wedding day!






Vancouver date and Via Tevere for Adam's birthday!


Chickalettas take over Browns!


We celebrate Brad & Angelica's Wedding


Gramma takes us to Queen's Park petting zoo!


We do our first overnight camping trip at Cultus with Gramma!




I hit 400 followers on my lettering account!


Another visit with Janine, where Dom and Jaia preciously recreate a moment from two years prior.


September

My plans change, and I am hired part-time at the Spartan Foundation! Perfect timing, and exactly what we didn't know we were waiting for. We have to adjust to having two working parents, juggling work, childcare, household maintenance, etc. 



Yet another trip to the zoo - loving this zoo pass! 


A close call for family, and a tragedy for their friend brings us to Williams Lake for a memorial service. My parents, brothers and I road trip up and stay at a hotel together. The last time we went away with just the 6 of us was 8 years ago.


Dave is hired by Curbed Magazine to shoot an architect's home in West Van for their online magazine. He is offered money to hire an assistant, so I tag along and we have a wonderful day out there!


October

We celebrate Scott's birthday at Cactus Club, where Emilia steals half my Poke dinner.


Miss Emilia turns 17 months, and is just so cute.


Blogging slows down, self-care slows down, and creative outlets slow down with this new phase of life with the work honeymoon period wearing off. Still definitely enjoying the change in pace and scenery, but some things take a hit!


It's a soggy October, so we have to find some indoor activities - oh ya! The Langley Library is great!


Bo Bo Moma (Oma D) has a fall on Thanksgiving and ends up with a broken neck and being told she'll have to wear a neck brace for the rest of her life. 

We visit the annual pumpkin patch event our realtors hold.



It's a wet Fall, but wow. It is one of the most colourful and beautiful seasons I can remember.





Sherlock starts getting really sick. Multiple trips to the vet, blood work, ultrasounds, x-rays, a couple rounds of medication, and thousands of dollars later... He is SO much better. He has more energy, he's faster, he's more playful, he just seems happier over all. It looks like he had a small stomach ulcer that was causing him pain and nausea, and it's probably been going on for a while. We feel awful. We may have to try him on a hypoallergenic food, but there's no known cause for the ulcer at this point. 


Provinceton starts getting set up for Halloween.


David sets up the yard with a spider theme (shudder), and the kids get dressed up and go trick-or-treating for a short while!



November

I still can't believe we have two children and a dog. <3


We go to Vancouver for a night to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary!



Scott & Ashleigh watch the kids for us overnight and take them to the Aquarium!



I have lost track now of how many time's we have gone to the zoo this year!



The annual Christmas Tree hunt! Earlier this year because we're hosting the Small Group Christmas party in November.




Bo Bo Moma gets an early Christmas present and gets a second opinion on her neck. She finds out she can have the neck brace permanently removed just before Christmas! What a miracle!


December

We do basic Christmas-y things :)



 My parents take us all to see "It's a Wonderful Christmas-ish Holiday".


My 28th birthday


A late afternoon Christmas light walk at Lafarge Lake.




A fun night of gifts and games with my family, where our kids are so spoiled! 



I put my craftiness to good use and do handmade gifts for David's family. I buy brown paper to wrap gifts and do lettering as decorations. I also crochet a stuffed giraffe for Rebecca, which turned out even cuter than I had hoped!





The big one turns 3 and this mama heart can hardly handle it!!




Happy New Year from the Kimber family <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment