Thursday 9 January 2020

Thankful Thursday - 208

This week I am thankful for...

1. Being back to work. The holidays were so lovely, and I really enjoyed having all that family time, but it was nice to get back to work this week. A little more time in my own head-space, without the pressures of running a home all around me. I did get back into lettering over the Christmas break which I've had a lot of fun with. I jumped up to 600 followers all of a sudden, too! 



Dom came to me and sweetly asked me, "Mommy, would you like to do some lettering?" He really just wanted to use my "special" markers (which are the Crayolas I use for lettering that I let him use).

My living, breathing Robert Munsch book. 

2. Where we live. I feel so lucky to have been born and raised here. All over the world there are horrifying things going on: Wars, natural disasters, poverty, etc. How silly do I feel when I catch myself complaining about petty, first-world problems?! Perspective...


They play so nicely at the sink together. They also make a mess, so it's a bit of a nuisance, but I think it's worth it.

3. Yoga with Adriene. I really hope I can make this a habit. It's been three days so far of yoga every day. I'm new to yoga, and there's a lot more to it than I thought. I'm neurotic and have a hard time relaxing, so I hope I can learn to breathe properly and center myself. There is a lot going on that is causing me stress, and most of it is completely out of my control. I need to take care of myself and my mental health, and thanks to multiple nudges from Mom, I'm finally jumping on the Yoga with Adriene bandwagon. Side note: I laughed at myself and how gangly I am when I caught myself in the mirror doing a couple poses. I have done it 4 days straight now, and I can tell I'm doing it right because my butt and legs are sore in all the right places from "grounding" myself haha!

4. The 3 year old brain. In Cornerstone the other day the kids were asked to make fish out of playdough. I helped Dom shape the fish, and added an eye, and then he added the rest and recreated a second one completely on his own. I am impressed.


Dom's fish. I love their fins and smiles <3

Just for fun, here are Henry's fish. I love it. He asked me for help creating his fish shape with the playdough. I love that he made happy faces, and he was so proud and asked me to take a picture to show his Mom because he saw me taking a picture of Dom's.

45 minutes of entertaining himself in the bubble bath. He had so much fun! (We don't do bubble baths often because normally they don't love baths). He was very concerned about his raisin hands and feet afterwards, though. 
*We were in the bathroom or in the next room - haven't quiet gotten to the "leave them unattended in the tub" age yet.

4. Quiet play dates. We look forward to our weekly play dates so much. This week Katrina wasn't able to host, so Natalia did and it was just her, Kerriann and I with our kids (except Brielle). I wasn't sure how Dom and Emilia would do because it's a new place, etc. However they both settled in nicely and quickly. They played downstairs WITHOUT ME for a solid 30-45 minutes, Dom played playdough with Cadence & Isla, and I even got to have some time with Emmett, where he smiled and cooed at me and melted my heart. 

Dr. Isla checking Dom's owies with her stethoscope.

Since when can I get the kids looking and smiling when I want to? Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment