Thursday 2 January 2020

Thankful Thursday - 207


First one of the new year! 
This week I am thankful for...

1. Chickalettas family brunch. Somehow we managed to get almost everyone out for a brunch at Katrina's on New Years Eve. There was lots of food, and it was fun to let the men have a glimpse into our weekly play dates! 


Group shot! Missing a couple babies who were napping or hiding :)


Dom flat out refused to be in any photos except the one where Dave held him. Emilia's begrudgingly standing there because my hand is on her haha. 

This is what happened when we tried to get a nice shot of all the 2018 babies together. Why must my kids be so difficult?! This is life with 18 month old kids I guess! Haha


2. A nice New Year's Eve. Last year we celebrated with Scott & Ashleigh, and Steve & Meghan. This year our group grew by a few! These four, plus Meghan's sister and her friend, plus Aaron and Kyla, plus Wes. It was a big group, but we had fun! We played lots of beer pong, and had an awesome game of Salad Bowl - always such a winner! 


2020 - you will bring me a new phone with a better camera!!

3. The Nutcracker! Shelley, Rachel and I went to see the Nutcracker at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre this week. I had seen it once before, many years ago with Janine, but this was a different version; more traditional. I really enjoyed it! We were bad people, though. We bought cheap tickets, but they were each in their own row. We figured we could find some spots close by that were together when we got there. Well we found some seats together! Only problem was, that the seats we chose were worth more than quadruple what we paid for our seats. I was crapping my pants until the show started thinking we were going to get caught! For sure the usher knew, but I guess she either didn't care or just let us get away with it. When the second act started, a few people filled in the seats around us. I guess we weren't the only ones with that idea. *This is Renee, the rule follower, being a total rebel*. 

The only picture of us haha. We went to a new Browns at QE, and should have asked our waitress to take a photo of us there. Oh well! Memories were still made!

No comments:

Post a Comment