Wednesday 20 November 2019

Thankful Thursday - 202

Been a few weeks! This week I am thankful for...

1. Wednesdays. Wednesdays are always crazy busy, but I have a lot of variety in them. I usually work from 7-12 or 1, and then come home, have 1-2 hours of "free" time while the kids are still napping. Then after the kids get up I prep dinner, walk the dog, and/or play with them. We eat dinner as a family, and then hang out until the kids go to bed. Most Wednesdays, after the kids go to be we have Small Groups, which is really just an excuse to get together and eat and drink with our friends. 

2. Walks with the kids. I was forced to be adventurous the other day when I packed everyone (dog and kids) up to go for a walk at night, only to realize the stroller had a flat. All three of them were excited to be out, so I had to take them all out walking in the dark. I was nervous about wrangling the toddlers in particular, but we ended up having a great time, and I've taken Dom & Emilia for a couple walks since then, and I sort of feel like a super-human with all this responsibility. 


He has this funny new habit of covering his ears every time a big truck goes by. This picture sums up their personalities. Dom: cautious and nervous about the loud noises. Emilia: YAAA!! MORE!!

3. Free plastic surgery. Not actually. I woke up with an allergic reaction to something the other day and my lips got all swollen! It was so weird. Thank goodness it only lasted a couple hours, but now I know what it would look like to have lip injections... Unnatural! 



4. Snuggle-puss. The kids have been acting out (for me in particular) lately. I think this is because I was almost completely unavailable to them last week. I was working either at the office or at home every day for hours. Yesterday I hit a point where I just shut everything out and sat down with them for an hour and was present. Man is Emilia ever snuggly. All she wants is to just lay on/beside me. I'll look back on these days fondly.



One of those busy days where Netflix parented them for a little while. No Mommy to snuggle? She settled for the next best thing <3

Even when she was just sitting beside him, always had one hand on Dom

We're not potty training, but she loves to sit on the potty and pretend. I know this isn't her snuggling, but she's cute :)

Put up some lights the other day. She is standing there saying, "OH WOW!" repeatedly.

5. A sunny zoo day! Katrina, Natalia and I took the kids to the zoo today and it was such a beautiful day. Lots of the animals were hiding, but a few of the ones we don't get to see often were out and along the fence. The lynx was even pacing where we could get a good view of it. The alligator scared the beep out of me. We went up to its new enclosure and I stuck my head over to see if we could see one. Right below me was it's nose poking out of the water and its GIANT head just under the water. The rest of its body was in the darkness of the murky water and it gave me all the creebles. After a minute or two it slowly slunk into the murk and we didn't see it again. Gross. 

A rare photo of all the kids. Where mine aren't throwing tantrums. What you don't see, is me running over and plopping Emilia down and running back out of the frame. I could let you see that as there's a hilarious picture of me running, but I'll spare myself the embarrassment. 


Lunch break by the big cats


Henry & Dom checking out the gator



Spontaneous toddler dance party in the Badger viewing area

And of course a trip to the playground

Dom had lots of fun going down this slide over and over. Check out that huge grin!

No comments:

Post a Comment