Wednesday 6 November 2019

#AshandScottTietheKnot

Well it's been almost 3 months since the wedding, but I finally got a chance to go through and download some of the professional photos from the big day. 
I posted my blog about the wedding day a while back which has most of the "story" and some photos by the guests. 

Here are some of my favorites from the wedding photographers!


This is the ring bear that Dom (as the ring bearer) brought down the aisle. If I remember correctly, it was used at at least one other Yzerman family wedding in the past. 

Scott got each of the boys a little personalized gift. 

I don't think I found one "normal" picture of the guys. Too much fun apparently haha. 

Mr. D being a little overwhelmed by everything.

The handsome groom. Sorry Scott, but every time I scroll past this picture I think it's Jeff!

Dave is just about 6ft tall, but the rest of these guys are giants apparently haha


Lookin' handsome, gentlemen.






And of course! The bride and her beautiful dress.

All the bridesmaids had the same color dresses in different styles. I love that because the same style doesn't compliment every body type. 

Getting my hair did. It was so peaceful sitting in a chair for 30+ minutes just having someone do my hair. Having no other obligations at that exact moment. Ahhh...

We had the option to pay to have our makeup done, but I opted to do my own. Good decision I think. Saved a lot of money!


Scott & Ashleigh wrote each other letters to read in the morning. I didn't read it, but I guess it was cute!

That's more like it!

Ashleigh got each of us these beautiful pins to put in our hair. Also, I loved my hair so much that day! I am really glad I went with an up-do. 


This reminds me of a photo taken of me on my wedding day... almost 7 years ago! (We have our 7th anniversary this weekend :)

Man I was so young!! Weird to look at yourself side-by-side 7 years apart like this.

Back to the wedding day. Ashleigh's getting all laced up!

Such a beautiful dress. It was the first one she tried on when we went dress shopping, too. Classic!

So. Much. Excitement. Literally like this all day


Amazing train and veil

Poor Dom haha. So overwhelmed! I'm glad I was there to "help" him down the aisle though. Definitely could have been much worse! Little cutie.



Like I said before... So. Much. Excitement :)

It is/was genuine and contagious


Oma & Opa chilling with Dom. Feeding him dropjes. Apparently he was trying to talk to me as I was up front to tell me that he was eating dropjes haha!



Just about every branch of our family is represented here. If you take into account that it was taken at Scott & Ashleigh's wedding, then every branch is! It's a very odd assortment of people for a photo. I like that.






They drove off in Ashleigh's dad's Corvette. Dom gave it a thorough check-over (or three) before they left haha. 



The whole S&C Gerber clan!

Back to Ashleigh's parents' place for a couple photos, a shot, and to catch the party bus!


Don't learn from me, Emilia haha

In the party bus! It wasn't a long trip. 15 minutes to a photo spot under the bridge, and then another 10-15 to the reception venue, but we wouldn't all fit in a limo, so bus it was! haha



The youngest member of the men put the pole to use haha


And our stop under the bridge for some photos that turned out amazing. The lighting was so incredibly perfect. I love how the blues stand out against the grey background. 

Had to squeeze photos in between trucks driving through.




Ashleigh picked a really great group of girls and we had an awesome time together.





How cute are these flower girls?


They had stunning portraits taken

Real life haha


Majestic



The reception was so so beautiful. Bright, airy, open, classy...

Their free wedding cake... They won so many things for their wedding. Including the bridesmaid dresses! 




It was so fun to be up there with all my siblings and my husband! I'll get to be at the head table again next year because Jeff asked me to be a Groomswoman at his wedding next June!!

What is everyone laughing at?!

Ah yes of course. David's best man speech! (Halfway through he called us three up to share as well). The previous picture they were laughing at Dave's portion, for the record.



Faces as they realized Adam was talking about the massages in Thailand


Beautiful song performance, written and played by Amanda and Kyla

The classic shoe game!

Super fun performance by the Gerber cousins

Dave came running out to be in the photo and he was being sent away because this one was "just for family" hahaha


There we go. THERE'S the family!




And of course our performance. I still have to get/post/share the video of this. Sooo priceless (in my humble opinion)





Time to dance!

Pretty much what you picture when you think of Ashleigh. Dancing, surrounded by kids worshiping her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment