Thursday 31 January 2019

Thankful Thursday - 167

This week I am thankful for...

1. PUPPIES!! Seriously, if ever you're having a bad day, just go snuggle some puppies. These 5.5 week old toller puppies are from Sherlock's sister, Charlotte. Fred, Dino, Barney & Wilma <3. 

Dom is normally so shy and quiet and timid in new places with new people. I have never seen him warm up and come out of his shell this quickly; even when we go somewhere he IS familiar with like the grandparents' places. He was talking non-stop and sharing and sooooo amazing with the puppies.





Dom was super gentle with the puppies which surprised me. He would get right down onto their level and give them their space and talk to them. Adorable. 

Fred <3

Emilia also warmed up quicker than I've ever seen. She was so happy to sit on the floor and play with the toys, pet the puppies, and surf around the table. She even let Shel hold her for a minute. Big deal :)


It's hard to get good pictures when everyone is moving around rapidly.


Fluffy puppy butt. And Dom down playing peekaboo

I didn't think she'd even know what was going on, but she was super stoked to see the puppies right away.

Can't force those smiles <3

2. Healthy meals. I've been trying to cook better lately, and having a meal plan definitely helps with that. We're also trying to save money on groceries, so instead of using chicken in my "Better Butter Chicken" this week, I used chickpeas. Also, instead of using rice I used quinoa! It turned out better than I expected, and I'll definitely make it like this again. 

No meal is without a car close by. Thanks, Dom.

3. Warm winter. I get a kick out of seeing the frigid, snowy temperatures in the East, while we're sitting here in warm, sunny weather. I'm making the most of it! I don't mind the snow because it's pretty, but I am a fair weather kind of person; I dislike being cold :)

Can't go far while Dom is napping, so Emilia and I sat in the driveway in the sun. Gotta do what you gotta do!


Daddy drove in while we were outside! How exciting!

4. Bossy Dom. We had Gramma & Grandpa over for dinner the other night, and after dinner Dom went and set up a tea party for them and insisted they come sit in the chairs so he could serve them tea. Saucers and all! He is a typical oldest child in that way. 

Notice how the sink is taken out of his kitchen and put on top. He doesn't use that cupboard, just uses the sink as a "lid", and reaches in to get stuff. Or stuffs whatever he possibly can in there and closes the top back up. Hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment