Monday 28 January 2019

Normalcy!!

I feel like I've been so complain-y on the blog lately. It was just my reality for a couple weeks there. We are back to being a mostly healthy household!! It is such a relief. I am so very grateful we don't have to deal with severe health issues, or any health issues most of the time for that matter. 

A rainy walk with mom on Friday. We went to Tynehead in the Fall and saw the fish spawning, so every time we cross the bridge in our neighborhood he talks about the fish.

These two suddenly play SO much, which is absolutely amazing. Here they are having a secret meeting, surely conspiring against me. 


This weekend I was able to get out of the house for some time that wasn't at a doctor's office! 

Saturday Ashleigh took me for a shellac pedicure. I completely forgot to take pictures during (D'oh!), but it was so lovely. The ladies doing our pedicures were great and we got relaxing foot and leg massages. Definitely needed that! Afterwards, we went to the Expedia Cruise Center and I was her stand-in fiance as she explored options for their honeymoon. Next, while David watched the kids, we went to visit her wedding dress. Yup, still beautiful! 


Oh Sunday, David went to church as he was on media, and my mom picked up Dom and took him. I had an hour and a half while Emilia was sleeping and I sat with tea and cookies and read a book. Ahhhhh peace! So refreshing. 
Mom popped in after church for a quick pancake, but Dad didn't realize they were coming over for lunch so she left to join him at home after. 

Uncle Jeff came over in the afternoon to hang out for a couple hours. We took Dom in the wagon to the park to enjoy the beautiful sunshine. Dom loved playing with Uncle "Dump" and followed him around all afternoon copying his every move. 

Rolling cars up and down the slide.


A plane!

Playing some 'tar with Dump! No idea why he calls him that, but it makes me laugh.

In the evening we went to my parents' place for dinner and then back home with Scott & Ashleigh for a movie on the projector downstairs! 



This weekend really was such a joy. I feel refreshed and ready to take on the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment