Tuesday 13 November 2018

Weekend

Friday evening David's parents invited us out to join them at Bear Creek Park for the Festival of Lights. We carted both the kids out there and walked around for a while letting Dom run free or ride in the stroller as he so desired. Afterwards we went back to their place and had pizza for dinner. I am very proud of myself for not stressing too much about bed-times and staying out later than normal and putting the kids to bed much later than normal. Believe it or not, the world didn't end. 
*I don't know why I'm so anal about their sleep. I think maybe I just really value my sleep? I'm afraid if I mess their schedules up it'll cause me to lose sleep and that's just unacceptable haha*


My mom said the grade 6 class at Surrey Christian built this Honeycomb structure

Emilia's face! Haha

We tried to get a nice family photo haha. A little hard with the selfie-mode and the darkness

Dom and Gramma (Ma ma)

 
Emilia trying desperately to claw Rebecca's eyes out. 

Saturday was our 6th wedding anniversary! We didn't have much planned, but in the evening Scott & Ashleigh came over to watch the kids for us so we could go out for dinner. They actually put both the kids to bed too! I knew Dom wouldn't be a problem, but I wasn't sure about Emilia because in her 6 months of life she's only had one other person put her to bed that wasn't me; and only one time! She did pretty well until about 30 minutes before bedtime, and then she yelled... a lot (or so I've been told). Not surprised! She loves her Mom, and she yells at me too if she's a little too tired and I take too long getting her to bed. Over all it went great and both kids slept through the night! (Emilia also only took 2 naps on Sunday and Monday. Let the transition begin!)

Okay, back to our anniversary... we left them all behind and went to Old Navy to do a little sale shopping, and then off to Cactus Club for dinner. Last year we did a restaurant hop which was a lot of fun, but I was a little high on hunger and low on energy, so I didn't mind sitting in one spot for the evening. We don't get out together with just the two of us for dinner very often AT ALL, so it was really nice to connect that way. We ended the evening back at home and popped a bottle of champagne with Scott & Ashleigh to celebrate their engagement and our anniversary.
Apparently we didn't take a single picture on our date. Haha that is truly enjoying each other's company!


Sunday I took Dom to church and left Dave & Emilia at home. In the afternoon, David went out and bought us a new TV. I had (and am still having) such a hard time with this decision. It feels so consumeristic and I'm conflicted about it. We went from a 42 inch LG HD TV we bought 5 years ago to a 55 inch SHARP 4K Smart TV. It does fit our space better, and we have been talking about getting a new TV for 3 years now, and it was 50% off. Still hard for me to justify getting a new TV when our other one was just fine. That being said, we're loving the new addition. David's mom came by for a little while that afternoon and we took the kids to the park. Dominic did NOT want to leave!

Reading "Melmo" in the play structure.

From this...

To this.

We watched Thor: Ragnarok Sunday evening and I thought maybe we'd have to return the TV. Everything looked so funny. I couldn't figure it out. It's like the movie magic was gone. I thought the 4K made things look too good! Turns out I wasn't wrong, and TV companies have setting changes that are an easy fix to this "Soap Opera Effect". WHEW! Once we changed that to the right setting everything looked so much better. It's amazing really. Watching 4K Planet Earth footage it honestly looks like you can just reach out and touch everything; it's hard to explain. 

Monday morning we went to my parents' house for breakfast as they were watching Bella and Roman. We had pancakes with blueberries and Dom enjoyed every second. Especially the part where Bella let him play her little guitar (ukelele). 

Such a Chandler smile


In the evening we had Scott & Ashleigh over again and we watched Deadpool 2. Crude, but hilarious. I enjoyed it!

No picture for that, but here's Emilia being such a big girl sitting up!

David's work has been REALLY slow lately, but I have been appreciating having him around to help out. The best part is that when one or both of the kids are sleeping I can go out and do errands by myself or with whichever kid is awake. Dom and I ran a bunch of errands this morning while Emilia napped. I wouldn't want to do that with both kids, and their naps are totally staggered throughout the day now so I'd just be trapped at home all day if David weren't here!

For some reason my blog views have gone from almost 190 per post down to like 50 or 60 per post. I'm not sure what happened; whether my life has just gotten that boring (haha I'm sure it has!) or if it's something with Facebook where I share them, but I guess it's okay. I have to remind myself that the blog is for me. It really doesn't matter how many people care about my daily life or the little changes in my babies. The fun part is looking back at the old posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment