Tuesday 27 November 2018

"Boo-bees" & "Cock-ing"

Well if that title didn't get your attention, I don't know what will!

Dominic is turning 2 in one month and is having a language boom this week. All of a sudden he will try say anything you ask him too, and picks up on new words much quicker. As his language develops and becomes more clear, I think I have to document some of my favorite things he says.

Boo-bee: Blue Jeep
Cock: Cook (especially bizarre when he tries to talk about David cooking, "Daddy Cock")
Poppy-cock: Puppy, Look!
Dee: Dice/Poker Chips
Mou: Mouse
Muh: Milk
Ba-pa: Peanut Butter
Wa-wa: Water
Col: Cold/wet
Nana: Yellow
Tata: Tractor and/or Sweater
Va-voom: Motorcycle/Bicycle
Melmo: Elmo
Daja: Jaia
Fafa: Pizza
Tuh: Truck
DUMP!: Garbage Truck/Can
Yaya: Emilia
ZIP: Sweater/Jammies
Kelp: Please/Help
Ah-too: Thank you
Aschoo: Bless You
Moh-ma/Poh-pa: Oma/Opa
Mama/Bahpa: Gramma/Grandpa
Tat: Scott (often "Tat Vroom": Scott's Car)
Bubboo: Bubbles/Bath
NUM NUM: When he wants to steal my breakfast
Dedin: Devin (we were at Amy & Brent's for dinner tonight)
Fuckph: Fox/fork (we obviously had to test this one out a few times)

Hoo hoo: Owl
Teetch: Teeth/Toothbrush
Puddo: Puzzle

He has lots of other words too, but they sound more like the actual word and aren't worth noting.

He has started speaking in small sentences (that maybe only make sense to us)...
Ah see Vroom!: I see a car!
Daddy Home!: Daddy's home!
Ah-too Mommy cookie: Thank you Mommy for the cookie
Aschoo Daddy: Bless You Daddy
Puppy come: Here comes puppy!
Tat Boo Vroom: Scott's blue car
Go Dom!! (self explanatory, but adorable)

I could keep going and sharing all about my little (massive) toddler, but I guess I should save some for his 2 year post next month :) Despite his toddler nuances, we love him more every day. 






No comments:

Post a Comment