Friday 9 November 2018

Emilia - 6 Months

6 Months already?! I can't believe it. 



I promised myself when Em was a newborn that I would remember what she looked like, what she felt like, what it was like to snuggle her as a sleeping baby. In the moment I "knew" I could never forget. I have. How is it so easy to forget?! Makes me sad to think I can hardly remember Dom at this age now either. I look back at pictures and videos and it feels like another lifetime. 


Weight: 14.3lb (15th percentile)
Height: 25 inches (30th percentile)

Likes:
  • Me. She's always happiest when Mom is holding her
  • Forward-facing in the Ergo. She could go forever (until nap time) in there I bet.
  • Sherlock. She will always giggle and smile at the dog if she can see him.
  • Tummy time and rolling all over the living room
  • Oatmeal. She LOVES to eat. I am shocked how much she can pack away. 
  • The Jolly Jumper. Even better is being in the Jumper AND staring at Sherlock!

Dislikes:
  • When Mom walks away from her.
  • Being cold during/after bath-time.

Notes:
  • She drools a lot. A lot a lot. Luckily she doesn't spit up nearly as much as Dom did, but she does drool as much or more.
  • She blows raspberries 
  • She is almost sitting up. She can do it for 10-30 seconds, but isn't reliable enough to be left on the floor just yet
  • When she is tired and I'm holding her she reaches back with her hand and plays with her hair/scratches her head. That explains the bald spot on the back of her head. 
  • Usually still a tummy sleeper. 
  • She is always on the go. I think she'll be an early crawler. 
  • She was baptized on October 14th.
  • I got my first PP period. Also my first period in over 2.5 years, so I can't really complain I suppose.
  • She is still napping 3x per day
  • Size 2 diapers
  • Size 6 month or 6-9 month clothing, depending on the brand. 
  • She definitely shows signs of playing strange now. I don't know why, but both my kids HATE church. Too many people and too much noise and stimulation is my guess. 
  • She did really well with daylight savings last weekend. Barely even a blip!
  • My milk supply is seriously dwindling, so she nurses maybe 3x per day, and gets formula top ups or full bottles when I'm feeling drained or when she's still hungry. 
  • She eats oatmeal 1-2x per day. She's also tried and loved sweet potatoes
  • As much as Leap 5 sucked, it's fun now that it's over seeing her new skills develop, and seeing how she plays with toys differently and engages differently. 
  • Dom was loving his blankie at night already at this point. I wonder if Emilia would like a lovey of some sort... Maybe I'll try!
  • We had a doctor appointment on October 20th and she had gained a good amount of weight. Still along the 15th percentile at that time, but the doc was pleased with her gain and development and reassured me I was doing a great job. Okay then!
  • My parents keep saying how much she reminds them of baby Adam. That scares me because I've heard many horror stories of Adam when he was a toddler! Too smart and mischievous for his own good.
  • She had her first Halloween and went as a Mandrake. So adorable. 

A Typical Day:
Now that Leap 5 is (finally) over, we are starting to get back into a routine. Every day is a little different, but she gets about 3-3.5 hours of nap-time, and her wake times are roughly 2/2/2.25/2.5 

700: Wake & Feed
900-1030: Nap 1
1030: Feed & Activity (walk, visit a friend, go shopping, etc).
1230-115: Nap 2
115: Feed milk & solids
315-430: Nap 3
430: Feed Milk & maybe solids
700: Bedtime



A shirtless Dom wanted in on the photo-shoot


Just in the last couple days he's been interested in holding and sitting with Emilia more. Very cute, but we're cautious because once he's done he's DONE!



I can't even.

No comments:

Post a Comment